PDA

View Full Version : My new 86 Tri-Z!

Kintore
02-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Well, after much talking and waiting I have bought another 86 Tri-Z:w00t:

She comes fully loaded with progressive springs, new 02 warrior rear shock, DG pipe and silencer, AKTIVE reed cage, new handlebars, new stator, new chain and spr, new UNI, New rims/tires(both ends)/hubs and all new bearings and seals and a few other goodies too.
It also comes with spare parts, NOS hubs, good cond hubs, spare axle and exhaust and handlebars too.
I picked her up for 1600 CAN so thats about 1388.88 for you US guys, not a bad price around here esp. with all the mods and since hes keeping it for me till march break!
So I planning on selling off hubs and a few spare parts to pay some back.All sounds good right? wrong!

I got ONE condition to buy this trike. I have to sell one off! I know I know what kinda deal is this? But this thing is SO awesome I cant pass it up.

So the grand plan is to take the all the good parts of it and swap onto my Z(Pipe,reeds, suspension). Then take all the best parts between this Z and my dads current one and swap em out. So I will make 2 very nice Z's and one sorta "beater" if you will and sell it off to make some money back and keep the mother unit happy.;)
I will be picking it up around the end of march break, have to collect the rest of my money and its a far drive so we are waiting.

So here they are, after some minor painting(ex. stator cover) and sanding(fenders) I will have not to shabby of a unit.:p Here are some pics, what do you think?

1 bad thing that will be solved easy- shifter is welded on!:crazy: But since im swapping motors with my dads with a new piston and shift rod(new OEM) theres no problem. Swap motors!
I got 3 86's!:w00t:

BLAZERONE22
02-24-2006, 05:49 PM
Nice find!!!

Iwantatrike
02-24-2006, 06:26 PM
Nice score!

MTS
02-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Ill take one of them off your hands shipped in pices...lol

Bryan Raffa
02-24-2006, 08:39 PM
thats a real good find congrats!!!!! looks like its in good shape!!!

Orangecnty250r
02-24-2006, 09:01 PM
You are Mr. 1986Z :D Very Nice!!!!!!! I am playing swaparoo with 350x's right now....Its fun!!! The one I got out of Missisipi had all kinds of NOS bolt ons :w00t: Cant wait to see the Finished product :beer

Kintore
02-25-2006, 09:00 AM
Thanks guys! I noticed a pretty big difference in power over my stock one. Should be fun at TF now :)

Yamaha Tri-Moto
02-25-2006, 10:58 AM
that think will look awesome when its cleaned up, looks like it just needs some soap and water.

03 ORANGE SHEE
02-25-2006, 07:14 PM
josh i want first dibs on the "beater" you assemble , i want a complete 86 to go with the two 86 motor i have, bring it to tf06 and ill pick it up then!