PDA

View Full Version : 200x problem

xman23
02-22-2006, 07:01 PM
alright so my 200x was running lean the other day whenit was cold out so i changed the jet on it and went 3 sizes bigger than what i had, well anyways i havent really got to ride it because hadent had time, but anyways today it warmed up quite a bit from last time i rode it and took it for a little spin around my yard and she just quit on me, went to go kick it over and wouldnt start, pushed it in my garage let it sit for 20 min and kicked it over and it started up first kick but is running really wierd, its sputtering and sounds like its gonna die, i never drove it like this i was just reving it up when i started it and its running really wierd, any ideas? thanx

chris200x
02-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Are you running a diffrent pipe and filter? Or do you have any engine mods? The reason I ask this is that should be the only reason to run a bigger jet in the carb.

xman23
02-22-2006, 07:46 PM
yea i am running a completly different exhast, headpipe and slip on and running a aftermarket air filter also, i just went to go start it back up just like 5 min ago and did the same thing it fired right up but it doesnt even rev up it just sputters and when i floor it it does the same thing, think i blew it up? it still starts on first kick but runs like *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*, any other ideas, thanx

MichiganRedneck
02-22-2006, 07:51 PM
IMO i wouldnt have gone up 3 sizes right away. i wouldve bumped it up one size at a time until it ran right. how do you know it was lean? did you pull the plug to see the condition before you rejetted? what does the plug look like now?

xman23
02-22-2006, 11:18 PM
i had it jetted for the summer and it gets preety damm cold here in wisconsin sometimes and i havent taken it out all winter so i took it to the lake by my house and started riding and it was backfiring and popping like it was running lean cuz of the cold weather, so i went to my local atv shop and told him what i had and he hooked me up with it, another queastion, if *Edited* blow it up will it still fire up, and the compresstion feels the same as before if that helps any

MichiganRedneck
02-23-2006, 10:37 AM
if you suspect a blown top end, do a compression check. but if it still has a good amount of compression and fires up, i wouldnt consider a blown top end.

xman23
02-23-2006, 11:16 AM
ok so did i do the wrong thing for jetting on going bigger for the colder weather, should i have went to a smaller jet, i had a 120 and went to a 126, should have i went to like a 116 or something, i always thought *Edited* go bigger in the winter but mabe im wrong, thanx

MichiganRedneck
02-23-2006, 11:18 AM
no you did right going bigger, maybe you just went too big. did you mess with your fuel air screw?

Bender
02-23-2006, 12:37 PM
did *Edited* tighten up the jet so it dont fall out. when i rejetted my x i just put it on hand tight and it fell out and flooded. it still ran, just bogged out after 1/4 throttle, cause it sounds like the same thing that mine did.

crd00
02-23-2006, 04:03 PM
ya the jets are definetly too big, when the jets are too big it will spit and sputter or just die because its letting to much gas getting in,so put smaller jets in your 200:w00t:

xman23
02-23-2006, 07:29 PM
yea after school i just checked and the same thing that Benders did happened to mine, i didnt tighten it enough, i unscrewed the bottom bowl nut or whatever *Edited* call it and the jet fell right out, so i tighted it and started it up and runs pefect, i think the size of jet im am running is preety good for now becuase i was beating on it in my yard and she wasnt running lean at all, thanx for all the help