PDA

View Full Version : I was there to Represent trikes at the Iceraces !!!

sandpuppi101
02-18-2006, 09:47 PM
Well I never anticipated it to only be 1degree above zero when I woke up this morning As I gathered my stuff for the 2nd annual Otter Lake Winterfest,and that did'nt help us atv guy's out with the 2 strokers today.I had the R running as lean as possible and the cold temps just made it rough.A guy was at the races with a suzuki 250 quad racer hitting it up with either.I on the other hand broght out my restored '83 Big Red And had my brother just pull started me !! It was cold,I felt better seeing other 2 strokers having the same problem!!! This was perfect conditions where the 4 stroker really did good.They were running great,I soon found out!!I did manage to get a third today,running against a 450R and a raptor.You see I had to race against quads because I was the only trike there to represent!! But I don't think I let our beloved 3 wheelers down,I made heads spin and reminded the quad fellas that trikes are still alive and they are not to be underestimated.I included a few pics of the race's today.That good looking guy on the R is me.LOL Anyways I did get to meet Mich Red-neck and I thought that was pretty cool.I have some sled pics I will post on the sled forum,when I get a chance!!;)

sandpuppi101
02-18-2006, 10:21 PM
There was probably from 20-30 atvs ,and arond 100+ sleds!! The quads wereout in force proably twice as many as last year!! As far as totals I am guessing a 150 - 200 spectators!! Other than freezing it was a good time!!

BigGreenMachine
02-18-2006, 11:23 PM
The last picture with the trail of snowdust hanging in the air is pretty sharp!

How many studs were you running in the rears?

sandpuppi101
02-19-2006, 12:51 PM
That is a good question-last year I had a old wore out set of stock 250R tires and I had 2 coldcutters in each knob,and I could'nt keep the front end down.This year I went with a set of 18x11x8 turf-tamers on the rear and I ran coldcutters in a X type pattern in the middle and some on the inside edge and outer edges for the oval,and to fill in the gaps I used the old sheet metal screws! I was hooking up real good!!I also added 5 inch axle extenders to the rear.I have been practicing for a week or so in 30+ degree weather and the R was hooking up and running great,but yesterday it only got to @ 10 degrees for a high and all the 2 strokers were having issues.Except the sleds!! Next year I am gonna run my 350X and spank them quads!!

BigGreenMachine
02-19-2006, 01:51 PM
Awsome work sandpuppi, looks and definately sounds like you had fun!