PDA

View Full Version : 110 won't start

kernalklink
02-17-2006, 01:22 PM
So this 110 of mine has proved to be quite a task indeed. Now it won't start, I have good spark, good compression, fuel seems to be flowing, but still nothing. I have new piston rings, removed and cleaned the valves, The head I got from howdy cleaned up nice and the valves seat very nice, but when you pull the cord doesn't seem like its doing anything. any suggestion? desperate!

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/2262000-2262999/2262028_5.jpg

Howdy
02-17-2006, 01:32 PM
The first question that comes to mind is: Do you have the cam timing set correctly? If it isn't correct the motor won't run.
Howdy

kernalklink
02-17-2006, 02:26 PM
My timing should be set correctly, I am using a haynes manual though! :crazy: :lol:

I set the motor on top dead center, the flywheel lined up with the t mark (i think dont remember which one right now) lined up the cam gear with the mark on the head, and the cam will only bolt on one way, then lined the cdi pulser with the ignightor box and that should be right? right?

danteross77
02-17-2006, 06:15 PM
Make sure your timing advance rotor is not 180 out. If it is it will not start. This is a cdi model correct? The pin on your cam should be going the opposite way as the notch on your timing advance rotor. If they are going the same way you will spark on the wrong stroke.