PDA

View Full Version : Fouled Plug help??

Tweeked
03-07-2003, 12:58 PM
Hey guys,
I recently fouled a plug in my 200ES so I went and bought 2 more just in case it happend again. Well after aboout 2-3 hrs of riding. It wouln't start anymore, so I pulled the plug and sure enough it was fouled too. So I put in the last one the other day, I've put about 1 hr on it so far but I'm really affraid its going to foul too. What exactly do I need to do in order to make that stop. Do I make the mixture leaner, or something like that? Any help would be great, thanks.

-Mike

Dan Tenn
03-07-2003, 02:17 PM
When you say make the mix leaner, are you reffering to mixing oil in the gas? That model is a four stroke, and doesnt require oil in the gas. If youre reffering to gas/air ratio, make sure your air cleaner isnt plugged, and then you may want put a smaller main jet in your carb. If it ran fine previously, there may be other issues not related to jetting.

tony_250r
03-07-2003, 03:24 PM
Check the air filter if it just started doing it out of the blue.

Tweeked
03-07-2003, 09:30 PM
Hey guys,
I fixed it. I ajusted the pilot skrew I think. It would revv then start poping really loud...A sign of a fouled plug to me, so I looked at it and it was fouled again. I cleaned it and put it in but it started again after a minute of riding. So I turned it back on and revved it some--while ajust the skrew and it eventualy was fixed. Now it runs fine and doesnt fould. Thanks for your help guys.

-Mike

csarmy16
03-15-2003, 12:52 AM
i say trailprotrailpro mixture is probably to rich.