PDA

View Full Version : big red to sx

snakemaster
02-16-2006, 03:49 PM
what would it take to change a big red to a 250 sx what bits ? the reason i am thinking of this i have a big red and you cant get 250sx in UK and mabay get the bits over from the US if not to costlay . what do you guys think

crd00
02-16-2006, 04:48 PM
If it was me I would just buy a 250sx off of ebay because it would a lot cheaper than buying the parts for your big red

bigredhead
02-16-2006, 05:18 PM
The front forks should be easy enough to bolt up.. but i'd go with 200X front forks if i was you.. gives you disk brakes !!! the SX has drum.

The swingarm assembly i would leave alone.. just swap the rims for 22's instead of the red's 25's.

The plastics might be a chore to bolt up.. that's gonna need some work.. but the rest is pretty much the same.

snakemaster
02-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Buying a sx of ebay is not the prob its the shipping over to Scotland UK $1300
Is the gas tank the same as the sx and what tripe trees would i use as the sx looks wider than the 200x . and are sx fenders + seat hard to get? i have only
ever seen a pic of a sx as you do not get them over in the UK so its hard to relate
to one

Jason T
02-18-2006, 01:03 PM
There is this one I know about......
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=38932

Your next challege is to try and pry it out of my dads hands, I think he will be buried with that bike!!!
We considered converting an ES, but it really is a lot of work. The frame is very different to fit the SX plastics.
I'm fairly sure the tank is different, and the plastics and seat aren't that easy to come by:(
We got ours from Germany, they come up every now and then on German ebay, that might be your best bet:)

Jason T

snakemaster
02-18-2006, 03:00 PM
Hi Jason thanks for that ,this could be a project for next year if i can get the bits, or keep a look on the German ebay, for a sx , at the mo i am trying to get the rest
of the bits for my 86 250r so i can get it looking good .:lol:

brapp
02-18-2006, 03:03 PM
the major diffrences are frame swingarm are totaly diffrent, the plastics and tank are diffrent, the rear diff gears are diffrent to pull the taller 25 inch tires, the transmission gears are also diffrent ratios, the only thign that is basicaly the same is the top end of the motor, but it is a diffrent cam i belive also but not 100% sure.