PDA

View Full Version : Magazine article

Jason T
02-14-2006, 05:12 PM
I was flicking through a UK ATV magazine called QUAD, and saw that the editor was asking for article ideas, so I wrote the following e-mail:

Hi,
I have only recently started reading your magazine, and I am really enjoying it!!
Myself ,and the rest of my family, have been into ATV's for the last 18 years, and we still love going out for a ride.
I saw in the back of the mag that you were asking for ideas for possible articles, and I've got one.
How about an article on the grandad of all these modern 4 wheeled things, the ones without the extra training wheel!!!
I'm talking about the ATC's that started it all off, my family now have a large collection of them, and we know several other
collectors in the UK. If you did want an article or any more info then we can help you out, we could provide the following Honda
Models for photos etc:
- Early 125m
- Late 125m
- 185s
- 200s
- 200es
- Early 200x
- Late 200x (Very diferent from the early and very rare, this ones not ours!)
- 250es
- 250sx (Again very rare here, never imported officially)
- 82' 250R
- 83' 250R
- 85' 250R
- 85' 350x (Another very rare one)

I have attached a picture of the 350x and 85' R for you to have a look at, bear in mind these bikes are 20+ years old.
I thought it may make a good article to show people how it all started, tell me what you think
Thanks

Jason tate

I thought nothing would come of it, but he wrote back and said it sounded like a great idea, and where do we live so he can start planning!!:w00t:
I asked which models he would be interested in and he said that he would like to do a picture feature on them all!!!:naughty:
I may be contacting other UK trikers for a hand with this:D
I think it should be great publicity for three wheelers, and I am going to mention this great site at every oportunity!:TrikesOwn
I'll keep you updated on progress, here is a link to the magazines website:
www.quad.tv

Jason T

BLAZERONE22
02-14-2006, 05:58 PM
Right on!!!! Congrats!!!!

slothminx
02-14-2006, 06:26 PM
HOLY CRAP! thats awesome! ..... Gotta get a Z in there too :naughty: Im gonna have to start building it faster!:eek:

New2ATC
02-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Hey man congrats on that, hope it all goes well, and it sounds like it will be a great article.

Howdy
02-14-2006, 07:31 PM
If the guy wants to cover the Polaris Scrambler 3 wheelers as well, then have him contact me. I have a fair amount of info on them ( manuals, articles, Factory video's, ect ). Might as well give him enough info to be able to run a article each month for a couple years. ;)
Howdy

slothminx
02-14-2006, 07:38 PM
If the guy wants to cover the Polaris Scrambler 3 wheelers as well, then have him contact me. I have a fair amount of info on them ( manuals, articles, Factory video's, ect ). Might as well give him enough info to be able to run a article each month for a couple years. ;)
Howdy
ROTFLMAO! I bet you could aswell!.

Tell him to leave doing a Tri-z article for a couple of weeks and I should have mine completely finished by then ;). :D :D

Yamaha Tri-Moto
02-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Sounds good man. Lets get the trikes out there again.

Jason T
02-15-2006, 07:14 PM
It would be good to try and get a regular thing going, rather than just a one off:beer
I will tell him about the Polaris, and ask if he wants a shoot out between a Tri-Z and a 250r LOL:Bounce
He seems very keen on the idea, but I doubt we will be doing it for a little while as he is still planning exactly what he wants;)

Jason T