PDA

View Full Version : 500 news

Louis Mielke
02-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Ok so I feel kinda stupid posting this but at the same time I'm so excited about my little development on the 500 I just had to get it out.

So I've been playing with the 400ex seat trying to make it look right and I was having trouble. Lets not kid myself it looked like crap....so I was kinda a little down about it. Then some genious friend of mine, (not on the board) asked why I wasn't using 450r stuff anyway.....I was like....yeah...why aren't I? So i snagged an 06 450r seat off of ebay for $140. Freakin brand new take off, beautiful! It finally got here today and I raced to the machine shop (where my 500 has been living) and started checkin it out.

And get this, which is the best part, with only minor subframe modifications its going to be almost freakin BOLT ON and mates with the CR500 tank beautifully. As long as the fenders fit nice too (I now they are definatly going to need a little trimming) then I think my 500 has just jumped from cool to freakin sweat. And even better is that the 06 seat is a lower profile so my seat height drops dramatically! I can get my body real low hanging off the side now like my 250r, so powersliding is going to be an possibility!

I am so freakin excited!

So now I'm just awaiting the maier 450r fenders and then my body work might be 100% complete.

I'll post pics as soon as I get everything mounted and pretty. its so freakin sweet why did I ever bother with the 400ex stuff! Man I'm freakin out.....

OK I'm done with my rant...you can flame me now. lol

3leggeddog
02-13-2006, 09:31 PM
hell yeah,get that thing done man.post some f-n pics. too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Louis Mielke
02-13-2006, 09:34 PM
I swear its going to be at trike fest and I'm going to be riding it and if not then i swear I'll give it away! I absolutly mean it! Its going to trikefest 06 or I will trade it away for an atc70, a beater 70 at that... I'm that freakin searious...

well.....maybe...lol. but its going to trikfest or bust!

Yamahauler
02-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Holy $#%@ that thing is high, I was looking at pic of it in your website. Sounds like it will be real sweet though! good luck.
How you making out with the 225? Were those forks good?

Louis Mielke
02-13-2006, 09:36 PM
the 225 is on the back burner....everything is on the back burner...all I see is 500.

Its really only a little higher than my 250r, and now that I'm changing over to the 450r seat and fenders its alot better. It looks real tall untill the suspension is loaded...I'm eventually gonna change over to shorter inverted forks and lower the rear shock some.

Darius1502
02-13-2006, 10:30 PM
Pictures Louis...please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

200x Basket
02-13-2006, 10:41 PM
pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!