PDA

View Full Version : Wiring ??'s for ATC 200E...

Realitybasher
02-12-2006, 12:23 PM
We were fortunate enough to pick up an 83 200e the other day.. the wiring is screwed up somewhere..it cranks but there's no fire to the plug... I have a few simple questions...
1. on the pulse generator i know the green wire goes to a ground.. but is the blue and yellow wire supposed to be sending a negative or positive signal to the CDI box?

2. On the alternator/magneto/stator (don't know what exactly to call it).. what're those wires supposed to be putting out? I know one of the yellow ones that go to the regulator is producing some positive output, but not sure what the others are SUPPOSED to be..

3. Also the wire that is supposed to be grounded after my kill switch is already grounded.. it also goes to the CDI box..?

We just got this box of ebay the other day and the guy said it was working.. we're gonna go by the haynes book and test the CDI, pulse generator and the stator when we find an ohmeter..
Tell me if you all have any answers ..

Realitybasher
02-12-2006, 05:49 PM
ok.. a couple of simpler ?'s here for ya also.. the 2 yellow wires going from the ?stator? to the regulator.. correct me if any of this is wrong.. the one is sending charge towards the battery.. what's the other one doing? they're actually green and yellow then connect into 2 yellows... and the red and black one i'm still at a loss of what it's doing..

Oldshell4481
02-12-2006, 06:23 PM
wiring should be in the haynes manual and it will tell you where everything goes, if you havent found it it might be in the back of the book.. youll love that machine once you get it going. i had an 82 200e and that was my favorite machine ive owned

crd00
02-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Just go into http://www.3wheelerworld.com/WiringHome.shtml and the wiring diagram will be there and just find your problem

Howdy
02-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Just go into http://www.3wheelerworld.com/WiringHome.shtml and the wiring diagram will be there and just find your problem

Yep, we have it listed. ;)

The 185-200 Honda's are known for having the exciter coil giving out. The exciter coil ispart of the stator / generator. Do a forum search for exciter coil and all the info to check yours should come up. It has been talked about lots of times. ;)
Howdy

Realitybasher
02-12-2006, 10:29 PM
thanks guys.. this weekend was spent sorting out the wiring.. the only thing i really had to fix was the wiring to the starter selonoid (sp?).. the rest of it is right i was just tryin to check to see where the problem was.. i'm gonna try to get an ohmeter borrowed tomorrow and get this thing figured out..

btw: i'll be sticking around here.. not just creating an account to figure out a problem then leaving.... just a warning lol