PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Z phase 1

bluevetteguy
02-11-2006, 12:09 AM
So I've been reading about this phase 1 for the tri-z. How much of a difference does it really make? Does it take away any from the bottom end? I like being able to putt through some trails sometimes, but I'm sure my 18 inch tires help out a little with that. Where can I have this done at, just any machine shop or what? I'm starting to learn a little bit more about the 2 strokers but they're so simple that they almost too hard for me to understand:lol:
Also someone told me that a new reed valve(s) might help out a little, any suggestions on what type (brand)? Do different ones make a bigger difference on top and/or bottom? I'm kinda lookin for the best of both worlds if you know what I mean.

I forgot to mention.. since we began getting raped at the pump I can no longer get 93 octane gas, so will 91 work for these the phase 1?

Yamahauler
02-11-2006, 12:16 AM
They dont make aftermarket reed cages anymore for the Z, you'd be lucky if you can find one cheap.
Boyesen still makes reeds for them and they help it out.
I haven't rode a tri-z with phase 1 mods, sorry icant help you there.

bluevetteguy
02-11-2006, 12:51 AM
Thanks anyways, what kind of difference do they make? I like that picture, I could wheelie my 200x and my 185 until I ran out of road, but I just haven't quite got it down on the z yet. I don't know if its the longer wheelbase or maybe I'm just afraid of flippin it over and cracking the plastics. They still have the original stickers, they're starting to peel but it would just make me sick to mess something up that been takin care of for so long.

Anyone else have any info on the phase 1? I did a search but pretty much all I found was a war between some R and Z guys.
:TrikesOwn especially the yellow ones:lol:

twgranger
02-11-2006, 01:35 PM
I would do the phase 2. I have it done to my z and it is well worth the money. The top end screams now. Didn't notice much loss on the bottom though. Any machine shop should be able to do it. Just make sure they know what they are doing. I run the highest octane gas that you can get at the pump. was running 110 octane but noticed nothing different.