PDA

View Full Version : 350X skid on a SX

mad_max
02-10-2006, 11:59 PM
Heres how:

Cut the front recessed area out, cut slits in the sides to allow the skid to be flattened, bend the skid to the contour of the SX - then get a buddy that welds aluminum to do a little reconstructive surgery.

Notice that the front bolt and slot that "hangs" the skid match up perfectly to the SX.

What does this gain me? Better front engine protection (an X skid is wider and taller at the front) plus it looks cool. :naughty:

BTW, its not done just yet. I still need to put a oil drain hole in it and put the rubber spacers on it.

kloby
02-11-2006, 12:06 AM
looks good - nodz - Excellent Job!

mad_max
02-18-2006, 02:27 AM
So heres the finale.....

Cut a "hole"for the oil drain plug (looks more like a slot due to all the holes in the 350X skid). It could be made to have a more finished look if some aluminum was added to square off the round corners but I'm not worrying about it now, I wanna go riding!

Put one of the long bumpers on the rear-most hole (where the shortest bumper was originally). Put 2 medium length bumpers across the middle. Dont forget to install the large rubber spacer that goes around the drain hole.

and when its all done, admire it for a moment then go get it dirty.