PDA

View Full Version : Need 350X info on fenders and cam!!!

sandpuppi101
02-09-2006, 06:23 PM
The 350X projects are coming along great and I am checking out my options on the rear fenders.I have a nice set of stock '86 rear fenders and am tempted to off them on e-bay and go with some aftermarket rears instead.My question is -if I decide to go with the aftermarket fenders can I use my stock rear mudflap or not? I don't know-what would you guys do!! I am just worried that I am gonna have them on there and my 6-700 dollar fenders will get all frankensteined up and be worth 25.00!! And I need some info on a Web Cam! Any of you guys got one? I am thinking of that with a high compression 12:1 piston set -up and the cam!And going with that setup what do I do about the fuel ,110 octane or better!At this point money is not a issue,I am about to remortage my house on this unit!! Any suggestions will be appreciated and taken into consideration!! Thanks in advance!!!

patblkwell
02-09-2006, 06:32 PM
With the fenders, the new aftermarket fenders made by Maier are now pre-drilled completely for all makes and models. I just ordered the rear 350X fender from them and made sure that it would be pre-drilled and they told me yes it would be. Regarding the rear mudflap, it won't work on the aftermarket fenders because they already have a mudlflap as part of the mold/design of the fender. I'd suggest keeping your stock one w/mudflap if it's in that nice of shape and all, the only reason I sold mine is because it's red and not white-which is the color I wanted to go with for my project.

dividebyzero
02-09-2006, 07:37 PM
I got webcam's in both of the X's.#213 grind.I like em alot.I would just go with a 10.25:1 piston,then you don't have to worry about race fuel.If your going all out on it,i would get hardweld rockers,hd valve spring kit(both recommended with most cams),good port job, air filter and exhaust,then you should be good to go.
webcam's site: www.webcaminc.net

ATCT
02-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Definitely keep the original plastics.

Ddw350
02-10-2006, 12:30 AM
yea,keep the plastics....my maiers fit fine and ive had them since 1995,they havent broke yet..maybe i just havent crashed hard enough

NOS_350X
02-10-2006, 02:34 AM
Well, you need a filter and exhaust before i do anthing major. I have a 12:1 piston and love it, the gas isnt much of a hassle i use avation gas so i stop by the airport before i go ride. The 12:1 piston and a cam and the X should Blowin away R's.

sandpuppi101
02-11-2006, 09:18 AM
The port job is already lined up and as far as the air system,I am gonna delete the air box and run a K&N Direct from the carb,I did a similar setup on a '85 R,and it works great.Av gas for the 12:1 is kinda up in the air,that brings the question on how I will ride! I am gonna stick with the stock fenders I think.On the #213 grind ,does it lug pretty good,I think I have to cut the guides on that set-up don't I and go with the hardened rockers and the heavier springs!

dividebyzero
02-11-2006, 10:30 PM
The port job is already lined up and as far as the air system,I am gonna delete the air box and run a K&N Direct from the carb,I did a similar setup on a '85 R,and it works great.Av gas for the 12:1 is kinda up in the air,that brings the question on how I will ride! I am gonna stick with the stock fenders I think.On the #213 grind ,does it lug pretty good,I think I have to cut the guides on that set-up don't I and go with the hardened rockers and the heavier springs!
You don't have to shorten the guides on the #213,only on the racing cam,which is the next cam up from it.Since the X has alot of low end torque,pretty much the cams are setup for mid to top end.Yes,it does lug pretty good.You can hear it at idle,sounds sweet!Yes,get the hard rockers and spring kit.Make sure the jetting is right on too.With your mods,i'm guessing you will have to go to a 45 pilot and a 140 main jet,questionable on the mixture screw,that is,if your using the stock carb,but hey,all X's can be different though.