PDA

View Full Version : Tri-z Problem

paul_roca
02-08-2006, 04:28 AM
CAn someone help me, my trike will only start if i blow through the pipe in the top of the petrol tank. then it starts but once its used all the petrol in the carb it dies and i have to blow through the pipe again. anyone know what this can be?

paul_roca
02-08-2006, 09:45 AM
i think i have found the problem. i havent got much fuel in my tank and although its coming through the pipe i dont think theres enough there.
has anyone had a problem with there triz like this? if there isnt alot of fuel in the tank it wont stay running?????

q_r86250
02-08-2006, 10:09 AM
it would seem as having a low supply of fuel in the tank is the problem, so fill her up and try it. i know when i ran my z outta gas.. after i filled it it took like 10 good kicks to start her up. then again i let it sit for like 2 hours without gas before i refilled it. but it could also be your fuel pump, i know it does take a few kicks to get it running if it hasnt had gas in a while, hopefully this helps and in my opinion the fuel pump on a z was wasted technology, so ive contemplated changing to gravity fed but then i lose fuel capacity.

well first try to fill it up then go from there.

MTS
02-08-2006, 10:56 AM
Sounds like your fuel pump is pooched, take the inlet line off the carb from the fuel pump and kick the Trike over a few times, gas should Shoot out the hose, if not Take the fule pump apart and inspect the diaphrams.

paul_roca
02-08-2006, 01:50 PM
i just bought a fuel pump of here. i havnt got a clue how to put it back together if i took it apart. is there any diagrams or anything anyone has made on here??

Unclediezel
02-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Really simple stuff to check-before you tear apart your pump---

#1---see if it starts with the fuel cap off the tank
#2---There is a screen in the bottom of the petcock
#3---are the Bowl vents on the carb clogged

All 3 of those can cause your symptoms--and it will get further aggravated with low fuel level

paul_roca
02-08-2006, 06:11 PM
ok thanks alot people.
ive checked the fuel pump and its fine so tommorow ill check top it up and check the carb

TimSr
02-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Id really suggest putting some more gas in the tank before tearing into your fuel pump!!! Also you have a lever that switches the tank to reserve which is the lower level of the tank.