PDA

View Full Version : dg not making tri-z pipes no more?

Mosh
02-07-2006, 09:27 PM
i just tried to order a dg national chrome pipe(the pretty one:D )from my local cycle guy.his 2 distributors told him they are not being made no more:wondering and was out of stock:( .crap.so i called dennis kirk and i bought their last one:naughty: they had in stock.it will be here friday. any one else hearing this stuff too?i ordered a silencer last week and got it next day.no problems.and last week dennis kirk showed 3 pipes in stock and now they are out.bummer.

CHAINSAW
02-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Ive heard this on and off for a couple of years. Last we heard.. straight from the mouth of DG.. they are still making them. A couple guys in MWT called them to find out, because their distributor also told them they are no longer being made... not sure who came up with that rumor.

Mosh
02-07-2006, 09:38 PM
man it would be nice if we had a couple of choices of pipes to buy.some one should be makin a in frame drag pipe for the z.but all i know is, that is what i was told and d.k. said i got the last one? maybe people are just like, (oh we dont even want to mess with trike parts). i was standin right there though when my shop guy called 2 distrubitors.big distributors too.i guess all kinds of stuff has been gettin hard to get lately.backorders and such.even quad stuff and a lot of tires have been gettin hard to find.

MTS
02-07-2006, 10:03 PM
There will be another Mid-Top end pipe in limited production for the Z hopefully this Summer, when i get mine done and bring it for Mock up.....350-400$ CND per pipe, hand made cone pipe.

twgranger
02-07-2006, 10:13 PM
I think that is a rumor.

3Razors
02-07-2006, 10:14 PM
I will be putting a Klemm pipe/silencer on ebay soon.

MTS
02-07-2006, 10:14 PM
I think that is a rumor.
It aint, becuse im having it made....lol by a local guy who is very good at Pipe building...been doin it for along time.

Bryan Raffa
02-07-2006, 10:21 PM
It better be a rumer I still need one for my 86 prodject!!!! maybe ill have dyno port in upstate NY make me one they make pipes for everything.

Bigred200
02-07-2006, 10:50 PM
Buy a honda,get ride of the yamaha's...lol

hrc85250r
02-07-2006, 10:51 PM
yeah, im pretty sure they made them for trikes back in the day too...a bunch of people that have seen my 250r cone pipe say its an old dyno port, but idk, and i know for a fact they do custom pipes, and they also make all of D&D racing's pipes for arctic cat sleds...

Bryan Raffa
02-07-2006, 10:54 PM
never! thats why im allways stoped waiting for you. when i ride with you my bike gets more hours waitin for you than rideing.lol

Bigred200
02-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Well in that case you better get hooked on phonics next time to bring with you cause you cant spell....lol

CHAINSAW
02-08-2006, 12:38 AM
man it would be nice if we had a couple of choices of pipes to buy.some one should be makin a in frame drag pipe for the z.but all i know is, that is what i was told and d.k. said i got the last one?.

They told me that 3 years ago when I bought when for the 86. It was on sale, and a "closeout" that they would never carry again. Call up DG directly if you want the truth.