PDA

View Full Version : Should I sel my short track tank and buy other parts?

Mike Fort Laud
02-07-2006, 02:54 AM
I took my short track tank off my bike because it is just to small for my riding area. The bike turns on a dime and the increased steering does it's job when you are in a radical slide. I love it on the bike,but I need more fuel. My stock tank is perfect and the shrouds are Honda new so that is back on. Now my big dilema is if I should just keep a $600 tank in a box in the closet. Yes I want it because it is a rare 250R part. I have the fender brace and over fender new in the pack I would not sell. But I can sell this tank and use that money to buy an equally rare if not probably more rare part I found. That nobody I know has for the 250R. This part will be functual as well but would not limit my riding distence. I do want this other part pretty bad. So should I sell the short track kit and use the money to buy this other part. Or should I just suck it up, keep the tank and buy the other part for $500. Now I will have $1100 dollars worth of Honda parts I dont want to use. What am I gonna do... I am thinking I will just take the hit and buy the other part and leave a wasted $600 tank in the closet to be never used again. I would just always kick myself in the but if I sell it. I will just keep all my rare parts to bolt on for Trikefest and special occasions just to look cool.

cliff2302
02-07-2006, 03:18 AM
i guess you answered that one yourself, lol

wolfspider
02-07-2006, 04:43 AM
hi mike
i say keep it and think of it as part of your pension fund, its never going to devalue, there might come a time when your 250r becomes a show girl non rider and you might want the trick parts on it then.
so keep it!!
steve:w00t:

Jason Hall
02-07-2006, 08:26 AM
If you want to sell the short track tank I will buy it, I would like to put it on my boys ATC 80-R I built. Let me know if you get tired of it collecting dust in you closet. Jason.

200x Basket
02-07-2006, 09:52 AM
are you selling the tank or the kit? if you are selling the kit it would look great on my 500r :)

Billy Golightly
02-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Lets not turn this into a classifieds ad fellas. If you wish to buy Mike's tank kit I'd reccomend you PM him directly :)

kloby
02-07-2006, 11:10 AM
hi mike
i say keep it and think of it as part of your pension fund, its never going to devalue, there might come a time when your 250r becomes a show girl non rider and you might want the trick parts on it then.
so keep it!!

^^^^^^^ I agree with that

samster143
02-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Mike, I say put the kit in a box up in the closet...quit your bitchin' and pony up the bread for the parts you want. I don't want to have to listen to you belly ache about you lost your short track kit due to a hasty decision over a few bucks. Hell, we spend that in a weekend out having a good time! To X-basket, for one the tank is too small to run around the parking lot more than a few times on a 250r, so I would say it would be just about completely useless for a 500r, looks pretty cool though. just my .02.

Tap
02-07-2006, 03:22 PM
instead of selling it
how about we have a trade?
i propose to use your tank until you need it again haha just call me up
you can also have my girlfriend as collateral if you wish

nah seriously i would keep it

Mike Fort Laud
02-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Well I guess I agree with you Sam, and everybody else. Sam knows what a pain in the ass this tank is for how we ride. BUT I always wanted one, and now I have a really nice one, I will always *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* and cry about the tank if I sold it. I would kick my own but when I see how much they will be selling for in a few years. I do piss money away on stupid stuff. So I guess I will have a $600 box in the closet. Well I just realized I guess I do piss money away. I am reading my own post here and I just admitted to spending a bunch of money on a useless gas tank kit that I am not even going to use. Now if i can only remember what that money was supposed to be used for.............