PDA

View Full Version : 125 Tri Moto

sickKLT20081
02-06-2006, 03:14 PM
My dad picked up a decent condition Tri Moto 125 for $25 and yesterday I went out in the shop and got the little thing running. Man is that thing fun to do wheelies on. All the lights work, and the plastic is there. The only question i have is how can i get any brakes out of this thing?

Six Stroke
02-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Did you try adjusting them? What shape are the pads in?

Unclediezel
02-06-2006, 04:04 PM
"Id rather it dont start,than dont stop"--
Brake pads are still available from all the major sources---Check the cables for free motion and all the obvious nonsense---
Get a manual-those pads can be tricky to get assembled correctly--or ---I can scan the brake pages for ya----

TimSr
02-06-2006, 10:25 PM
My dad picked up a decent condition Tri Moto 125 for $25 and yesterday I went out in the shop and got the little thing running. Man is that thing fun to do wheelies on. All the lights work, and the plastic is there. The only question i have is how can i get any brakes out of this thing?

All I can say is get used to avoiding really steep downhills, and use low gear on them. The YT125 has the worst braking system of any ATV Ive ever seen in my lifetime, whether with new pads or not.

400ccHomemade
02-07-2006, 07:18 AM
Brakes stink on my 125 too. I can't seem to get them adjust correctly. It seems like they are adjusted right, but after I ride for awhile., they get hot and start to drag. If I adjust them so that doesn't happen, they are so loose my foot almost drags on the ground from pushing the pedal do far down. Very frustrating.

Six Stroke
02-07-2006, 11:24 AM
The only time I use the brakes on mine is for wheelie control, otherwise she scrapes on the "twelve o' clock" bar. :lol: