PDA

View Full Version : ATC 70 with bike exhaust?

TrikeKid
02-05-2006, 12:04 AM
I'm getting some money from my grandfather's estate (well, as soon as my aunt can pull herself together enough to get the estate moving so my mom and I can get what's ours). I'm most likely going to get a 70 to play on, and trick out a little (white or blue plastic, paint the wheels black, filter and exhaust etc...). I saw one with an XR 70 or XR50 exhaust on it here, so the exhaust is routed like the Sterdy system. Can anyone tell me what you have to do to run a bike exhaust and what systems fit/hit. It would need to be spark arrested in case of the odd occasion I take it to the trails to play with. I can do basic fabrication so making brackets isn't a problem.

Ddw350
02-05-2006, 12:29 AM
my exhaust was rotted,mainly just the muffler,so i chopped it off then added a 10-12 hp briggs and stratton cylinder muffler on.i took a 5/8 drill bit and drilled out the baffle thing inside.it looks good and sounds sweet! i liked it so much,i did the same to my 86 z-50.the 50 ran alot better too,i didnt notice much on the atc70 though,my neighbor thought i got an aftermarket exhaust!.i would never pay $120+ for an aftermarket exhaust for these things,there so underpowered it wouldnt matter anyway[underpowered for me anyway]

TrikeKid
02-05-2006, 02:24 AM
I'd rather not use lawn mower parts, and I don't want it to be obnoxiously loud.

cable guy
02-10-2006, 02:09 PM
to keeping it looking good just buy a pipe for a atc 70,try dratv.http://www.dratv.com/atexpar.html