PDA

View Full Version : Flat track question

Vealmonkey
02-02-2006, 09:00 PM
Could anybody that has any early issues of 3wheeling or dirtwheels, post some pictures of 90 or 110 flat track racers? I'm trying to put one together. I have a nicholson frame, a bandito frame and an old all aluminum box aftermarket frame and I not sure the direction to go. I know howdy has the project 90, but I was wondering how the old flat track 90's looked. Thanks.

danteross77
02-02-2006, 11:16 PM
Here is something simular I am working on, I mocked it together last night, sure could use an aftermarket frame. I put 3 inch wheel spacers on the back and 200x front end with 250sx forks(shorter). I just put it together to see what It would look like still have a ton of work ahead of me.
Note the little guy in the back. I cannot even go in the garage without him screaming and banging on the door. I guess I got a little grease monkey on my hands. Trust me he is not always that dirty. Most of my projects take twice as long because I have to find out were he hide my tools!

Rex Karz
02-03-2006, 05:04 AM
I got one, it came out of Porterville, CA. Has tons of compression, moves pretty good.

89 GT Stang
02-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Danteross, that thing looks insane! I am sooo doing that... Glad to see some pics with it on the chasis- keep up the good work! Also, what wheel/tires are those in the back?

danteross77
02-04-2006, 03:45 AM
Danteross, that thing looks insane! I am sooo doing that... Glad to see some pics with it on the chasis- keep up the good work! Also, what wheel/tires are those in the back?
Those are stock 200x aluminum rims. I had to put the 200x hubs on there, fit perfectly along with some 3 inch spacers I had lying around. As for the tires, I am not really sure of the brand, I got these on a parts bike I bought over 2 years ago , they have been sitting in one of my sheds for a while, Just threw them on there to see what it would look like.

Vealmonkey
02-04-2006, 03:26 PM
Rexkarz, that is pretty cool. If you ever want to sell it let me know. Do you have any pictures of your atc rd350. I picked up an old Hi Performance ATV frame that had an seized r5 in it. I bought a running rd350 to take the engine out of and put into the frame. My frame is the swingarm model. Please post pics of the rd350 if you have any.

89 GT Stang
02-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Don't let this thread die!

Rex Karz
02-08-2006, 08:19 PM
I sold the RD350 Trike to a friend in Fresno. Too many projects....

Yamaha Tri-Moto
02-09-2006, 12:08 AM
Hey Rex Karz what kind of rear tires are on that thing. They look bad azz man.

Rex Karz
02-09-2006, 02:06 AM
Hey Rex Karz what kind of rear tires are on that thing. They look bad azz man.
The pic on the left is with turf tamers, but the one I'm sure you are asking about are good old Armstrong Multi-Tracs 18X9.5-8
Made for getting sideways!