PDA

View Full Version : Why part a perfectly good ATV?

benscool1
03-04-2003, 12:00 AM
I don't understand why some people can go out and buy an almost mint, perfectly good ATV and then part it out. Why would someone do that? Someone who actually needs a trike could put it to good use. I understand that replacement parts are always needed, but why ruin a perfectly good trike when ther are people who still don't have one?

I wanna hear you guys' two cents on this one.

wanta250r
03-04-2003, 12:17 AM
because they are anti-atv's. Maybe they are just board with there lives...or just plain retarded

als250
03-04-2003, 12:33 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :D :D :D :D :D

Al

NOS_350X
03-04-2003, 02:08 AM
you can take an ok 350x and get aorund $1500 for it parted you can get +$2300 so if you have the time its well worth it

muskegnmud
03-05-2003, 12:43 AM
in your little blurb under your message it says"email me if you got something cheap".....maybe thats why???

TimSr
03-05-2003, 12:13 PM
From those of us who sell these parts, "Why would a guy spend $1500 to make a pefectly good ATV out of a piece of junk that he paid $500 for, when its only going to be worth $900 when hes finished with it?" I dont know the answer but Im glad you guys are around for me to sell my parts to!!!

Falstaff
03-10-2003, 06:55 PM
Simply for the enjoyment of doing it I guess. The time and experience is sometimes more valuable than the finished product.

sportvette
03-13-2003, 11:14 AM
I do not agree with parting out trikes. I have parted out a non running blaster. But blasters are dime a dozen.

I am glad that there are parts available to buy from people, but parting out their trikes makes them more rare. Every day someone takes a trike apart, that is one less trike out there. Although you could also argue that they are helping people fix up trikes.

Clioboy1200
03-13-2003, 01:03 PM
On that note, I was askin a couple of days ago for info on fixin my gearbox and forks. Somebody suggested I buy a bike, and part mine out to fix the other! Was a bit "taken aback" by the whole suggestion! Wreck my scuffy bike to fix a good one?? Im thinkin with a bit of time and patience, I could fix mine, and maybe buy another, therefore another trike saved! sorted!

8bikesandcounting
03-16-2003, 12:24 AM
There is nothing wrong with parting out a trike, once one gets so run down its not feasable to repair it. Especially when parts from the dealers are so expensive. There can't be trikes around to part out however though:( I sure hope people are looking after their bone stock originals.

HypnotizeMindz
03-16-2003, 02:02 PM
there's good things and bad things to come from parting out a trike....

GOOD - your helping other ppl by gettin their trikes running and saving money, make more money, providing ppl with parts for projects

BAD - your splitting the trikes up, they make never be put back together,
might not sell all your parts, and be stuck with extra parts

i wouldnt part a running trike...
i've parted one that needed 1 part to run