PDA

View Full Version : rich or lean

holmstrom
01-31-2006, 06:55 PM
Does turning the fuel/air screw out rich or lean your trike? Also needle position up or down to richen?

TravEX
01-31-2006, 07:18 PM
air screw: in is lean, out is rich.

needle: up is lean, down is rich.

twgranger
01-31-2006, 07:25 PM
air screw: in is lean, out is rich.

needle: up is lean, down is rich.
On my tri-z, in for the air screw is richer and out is leaner. and lowering the needle is leaner and raising it is richer.

TravEX
01-31-2006, 07:41 PM
I shoulda put needle clip position, sorry.

Maybe our terminology is different for the air screw. In would be lean the air out and out would richen it. Right? hehe

3leggeddog
01-31-2006, 08:59 PM
depends on the carb.if the screw is in front of the slide,it controls fuel.so in would lean,out would richen.if it is behind the slide it's oppesite.

twgranger
01-31-2006, 10:35 PM
depends on the carb.if the screw is in front of the slide,it controls fuel.so in would lean,out would richen.if it is behind the slide it's oppesite.
Now you got me thinking:wondering been awhile since i have tinkered with the Z.:lol:

holmstrom
02-01-2006, 04:31 PM
by front, do you mean engine side or breather side. Its on the breather side of the slide.

Unclediezel
02-01-2006, 08:45 PM
The phsical location doesnt matter, But where the passages lead ----If this is your 125--turning the air screwblocks off the passage TO your pilot jet---( In )-would be less initial fuel- So it would be leaner----

Equal parts of air and fuel= Neutral
More gas less air=Rich
Less air more gas=rich
more air less gas=lean
less gas more air=lean
The look reversed --but not in reality----changing either one in relation to the other will produce OPPOSITE results---(Spend a minute thinking about it -It will make sense)