PDA

View Full Version : If I were to get this DG exhaust pipe, what all would I have to do??

patblkwell
01-31-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm thinking about getting this DG exhaust pipe for the 350X and was wondering what all I would have to do in regards to jetting and stuff to have it running correctly? I've never "jetted" a carb before so I'm really not sure what I'd have to exactly. Anyone used this pipe on a 350X or know what to do as far as jetting? thanks in advance

atckowalski
01-31-2006, 11:55 PM
I have that pipe on my 350x and I did not re-jet it and it seems just fine.In fact, it does add some hp and is very loud:w00t: If you did rejet, all that you have to do is change your main jet and/or possibly the pilot .

patblkwell
01-31-2006, 11:59 PM
Oh really, so your X isn't running a little hot or anything with that pipe? It's gotta give more power than the stock one I'm sure? Do both of those mounting tabs mount perfectly on the X's frame? OH, and will it mount right to the Stock header as well? thanks in advance

Dammit!
02-01-2006, 12:01 AM
Highly unlikely you'd need to change the pilot. Might have to adjust the air screw slightly and lower the needle clip a slot and go up a size or two on the main. Then again, you might not have to do anything. A plug chop is the only way to know for sure. Don't just assume it doesn't need any adjustments because it SEEMS to be running fine though.

NOS_350X
02-01-2006, 01:19 AM
Trust me when you change pipes from stock always rejet, then you will truely notice the power gain. Think about it, the exhaust is the main part restricting the engine, so you make it flow better, but now it still cant run any better because its not getting enough fuel to do so.

atckow rejet and you will notice a larger power gain with that pipe.

I have 2 of those pipes, there sitting on my shelves and will probaly never get put back on a bike. I have much better ones on the bikes now. If you like extreme loudness they give its not bad.