PDA

View Full Version : Engine

adamsj13
01-30-2006, 02:16 PM
What does spraying WD-40 on the motor do? Will it keep from drit and oil build up? Is it recommended to do? Thnaks

Cody
01-30-2006, 02:27 PM
I dont think the dirt will stick as bad. Spray it on it before you go boggin, and after.

Yamahauler
01-30-2006, 03:06 PM
I would just use a pressure washer. Ive never had a problem with mud sticking on a motor. But maybe if all you have is a garden hose, it might make it a little easier to get off.

danteross77
01-30-2006, 06:22 PM
Basically WD-40 displaces water. We used to spray it around electical parts before we went off roading(Jeep). It keep our ignition system from suffering any water damage. I keep a 1 gallonn can and a spray bottle aroung the house, Once I am done riding my ATV and I clean it up I usually coat the metal surfaces with it just to keep any rust from forming. Wipe any excess with a dry rag. I live in a very humid climate and rust can be a real problem were I am at.

X2guy
01-30-2006, 06:47 PM
Yep...It really helps to protect and makes it easier to clean. I hose all my jetskis with WD after each ride. Keeps em looking good.
When I used to race motocross and it was really muddy I would actually spray vegtable oil under my fenders to help keep the mud from sticking.