PDA

View Full Version : pics of my SX

jchx99
01-29-2006, 06:47 PM
whats up everyone,

I applied the tank decals for my SX today, and just put on the new swinger a couple days ago, so I figured I'd clean it up a bit and take some pics... here they are, tell me what you think...

Jordan Hinze

danteross77
01-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Looks pretty cool, What size rims are those on the back? How much and were did you get the tank decals, I need to redo my tank but I want the decals to be like the originals.

Tri-ZNate
01-29-2006, 06:53 PM
:beer Very nice looking '86. What rims do you have on the rear? Douglas?

dirtface
01-29-2006, 06:58 PM
You look at the bolt pattern in the one picture and the rear rims kinda look like Tecate rims, surely not. How could that be possible?

nouseforaname90
01-29-2006, 07:18 PM
That SX has alot of potential of being a very nice machine (even nicer). Polish your forks and front brake backing, paint or get a new front rim, freshen up that headlight and front fender, and paint some miscellaneous items and it'd be shining.

jchx99
01-29-2006, 07:21 PM
lol, I know it looks like an '86 but its actually an '85...notice the red headlight and early style swingarm assembly. I went with the color scheme of the '86 with the blue ceet atc seat and white tank and red fenders but with a red headlight instead of white... eventually I'm getting a 350x headlight. I got '86 tank decals and the back rear fender decal... and have '85 rear fender decals for the sides on their way in the mail... I get my decals from Harlan Lsyne... hes on ebay and sells decals for most trikes..the tank decals were 20$ shipped I believe.

The rear rims are rediculous... when I bought it it was like this. Whoever rigged them up took sprockets and ground all the teeth off, then somehow, someway... the sprockets had the perfect holes to match the bolt pattern of the 250sx hubs and adapt it to allow you to put 10" rims with a different bolt pattern on... kinda like an adapter ... I have brand new maxxis sur-trak's mounted on 8" douglas .190 aluminum rims on their way, will be here on the 1st of Feb.

Jordan Hinze

jchx99
01-29-2006, 07:24 PM
The front tire and rim I just bought off ebay already mounted, the tire is brand new and the rim of course is used but in good condition, just needs paint.. which I will do very soon... The front brake plate I am going to replace soon also, as it is frozen... I already have brand new lever, cable and shoes ready to go..

As for the front fender, I am getting a new one... I just want to know if a 250r front fender would fit, cause that would look much better... Soon as I find that out I'll buy a new maier one..
Thanks,

Jordan Hinze

Tri-ZNate
01-29-2006, 07:29 PM
you could always drill the correct pattern into the R fender. Or zip tie it :D

erectordale
01-30-2006, 10:34 PM
that's a good look sx Floyd glad too see you are up and enjoying it again

ScottZJ
01-30-2006, 11:35 PM
Nice SX man. I have always liked the 86-87 SX color scheme too. I did the same thing to my 85 SX when I had it.

Bigred200
01-31-2006, 08:13 AM
Thats nice I'm picking up a 86 in a couple of weeks. Has brand new white gas tank new oem rear fender. looks great just need to get ahold of Harlan and get some declas and shine it up it will be nice $800 bucks guy needs money and I dont have any but cant let it slip away......lol.

Huffa
01-31-2006, 09:19 AM
I have brand new maxxis sur-trak's mounted on 8" douglas .190 aluminum rims on their way, will be here on the 1st of Feb.

Jordan Hinze

Whoaaa, buddy!:eek:

I don't think that set up will work with the brake drum, will it?

Did you measure to make sure? This has been discussed tons of times because of the drum and honestly I don't remember if your set up you ordered was A-OK or not? :confused:

Huffa
01-31-2006, 09:22 AM
Has brand new white gas tank new oem rear fender. l.

A new OEM rear fender? :wondering

Where on earth can you get a new OEM rear fender for a SX?

Sure you don't mean a after market Maier job?

Bigred200
01-31-2006, 09:35 AM
well maybe its not cause theres no stickers on it and the mudflaps line up good I will post pics. The guy that owned it before the guy I'm getting it from went totally though it he woked at a cycle shop so who knows connections....lol.The only thing it needs is a lower shock bushing. Anyone have one thanks Ken.

max
01-31-2006, 09:40 AM
is it extended? or is it just refinished????????

Bigred200
01-31-2006, 12:13 PM
Well i just went and paid him $500 I need to give him another $300 within a couple of weeks and it appears to be oem rear fenders I will post pics as soon as I pick it up. P.S Harlan I need all new decals for the 86 250sx.....lol It's blahhhhh....lol no decals it looks funny. But all new stuff

jchx99
01-31-2006, 12:41 PM
..New swinger because my old one cracked into 4 seperate pieces... the previous owner had a trailer hitch on it and musta cracked it because I noticed some cheapo weld job after I took it off... but thanks to Erectordale, he sent me a good one and I gave it a little paint and put it on and it looks and works like new. Attached is a pic of my old swinger after it broke.

Huffa, are you serious? I paid 200 bux for the rear tires/rims setup... it better freakin' work... I dont understand why it wouldnt though, stock rims are 8" and so are the douglas ones I ordered.

Thanks,

Jordan Hinze