PDA

View Full Version : Ventured into the back of the local cycle shop...

Derrick Adams
01-28-2006, 09:45 AM
Yesterday I was at the cycle shop ordering some parts and the owner says "Come back here. I want to show you something" Another one of his customers has a 185s that he completely tricked out. It looks like new except better! Douglas polished wheels all around, custom painted tank, NOS stock seat cover, etc. Very, very nice.

Then I start looking around and he's got a cherry looking Yamaha 200 sitting in there, a mint 85 250sx, a kawasaki 160 buried in the back, and at least one 84 Tecate disassembled on the shelf. Plus the near perfect ALT 50 that's always there (Shop owners first trike)

I was loving it. Just goes to show how many trikes are still out there. I know none of the people that own any of those trikes and they are all practically in my back yard!

Mosh
01-28-2006, 10:01 AM
seems like a lot of them sittin in garages and barns and stuff.my old landlord has a yellow 225dx in his garage.looks real nice and i have not seen it out in over 8 years.maybe i should go see if it is for sale.i am also tryin to get a 200s sittin in the back of a local shop here.might be able to get it for 200 bucks.it is nice.even has a hondaline trailer hitch on it.

Bryan Raffa
01-28-2006, 10:54 AM
Ya I know theres a guy down the road that has a 87 250x all white in cherry condititon sitting in his barn Ive asked him many times if he wanted to sell it over the years.I got it out for him one year tuned it up put a new chain on it ,rode it around for a little bit,when i say its cherry this thing is flawless!!! I havent asked asked him in over a year. it justs sits there in the barn covered up.maybe i make it a point to stop by next week with some cash in hand!!!and see what he says this time!

atckowalski
01-28-2006, 11:59 AM
I went to my local dealer and asked about trike parts and they looked at me like I am :crazy: He said they threw all of that stuff away years ago along with a shAt ton of vintage snowmobile parts. What a jackiss because I was there for parts and I was there with a guy who has a lot of CASH (1,000,000 +)

jason85atc250r
01-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Ya I know theres a guy down the road that has a 87 250x all white in cherry condititon sitting in his barn Ive asked him many times if he wanted to sell it over the years.I got it out for him one year tuned it up put a new chain on it ,rode it around for a little bit,when i say its cherry this thing is flawless!!! I havent asked asked him in over a year. it justs sits there in the barn covered up.maybe i make it a point to stop by next week with some cash in hand!!!and see what he says this time!

if it's a all white 250x it's a 1988. the 87's were gray plastic. just letting you know.:cool:

dizasterzrfun69
01-28-2006, 04:42 PM
whats a 250x? is it a quad? or do you mean 250sx? or did they make a trike called a 250x?

kevin

Bigred200
01-28-2006, 04:56 PM
No in 87 they made very very very few 250x's. Bryan wouldn't take a 3 wheeler with a training wheeler on it if you gave it to him......lol. But he will take them apart.

dizasterzrfun69
01-28-2006, 05:18 PM
No in 87 they made very very very few 250x's. Bryan wouldn't take a 3 wheeler with a training wheeler on it if you gave it to him......lol. But he will take them apart.
well while we are on the subject, i bought a honda manual on ebay (havent got the invoice yet) for $5. the guy said it is for an 83 84 85 250x atv. it has a pic of a trike on the cover so i just thought it was for some other trike and just listed wrong. I dont know! any guesses? I bought it because i'm trying to get a nice inventory of new/used factory honda atc manuals and it was only $5.

Kevin

mudbogger
01-28-2006, 05:48 PM
I just bought a mnaual too off ebay but it cost me 20 bucks, I got it and the thing was used, totaly greassy and some of the pages where missing in it-i WAS PISSED and still are, negative feedback left, wish I could get my 20 bucks back though-so beware of seller with these and ask them if it is new or used, dont be a Murray LIKE ME.:crazy:

Bryan Raffa
01-30-2006, 10:11 PM
IT might be a 86! I havent run the vin yet but i will when i go to offer him some money. Its not grey, all white! Ill see him this week and let ya know what he says? Ill take a pic of it !!

jason85atc250r
01-31-2006, 09:42 PM
the 87 250x's grey with a red tank cover and seat

the 88 250x's were white with a red tamk cover and seat

just letting you know to help you figure out the year.

maiur front fenders for them are all one piece even over the gas tank.

Bryan Raffa
01-31-2006, 11:49 PM
OK its a 200x my mistake its been so long since ive seen it, its all white so that would make it a 87 right ? this is the year it came with a 6 speed, blue seat! correct me if im wrong 85 was red white & blue ,86 came with a black seat

Tri-ZNate
02-01-2006, 12:01 AM
'86 had a six speed tranny too