PDA

View Full Version : Greasing the Front AXLE 250R???

RideRed250R
01-26-2006, 01:19 AM
how do i ad grease to the front axle... iam afraid they might not have enough grease it rolls easy but you can feel sometimes a rattle int he front end and then a squeking sound...
what yah think
adam

RichinMO
01-26-2006, 08:05 AM
You have to take the axle out. Pull the four nuts and cap on the right side and then screw the axle out. Once it clears the threads, you can pull it the rest of the way out unless its rusted to your bearings or somthing. The bearings themselves are sealed so you can't really add grease to them but you will be able to check them. If they have any play, they need to be replaced.

ATCWRENCH
01-26-2006, 11:31 AM
yea the front and rear axle bearings have seals in them for a reason. keep out water, dust, dirt, and any other part of nature that will destroy a bearing. if there is any kind of play or any kinda sound that is not normal, replace the bearing.

TravEX
02-25-2006, 10:36 PM
I was doing a search and came across this one, but I have a question along the same line. When re-installing the axle, do the axle spacers (dunno the proper term) on each side between the forks have to seat against the forks? Do they completely go inside the bearing? I usually just put the screw the axle in till the rotor is centered in the caliper, but I paid a little extra attention today when I reinstalled the wheel and forgot how it should go.