PDA

View Full Version : GRIPS, what type work best on ATC's?

toyota200x
03-03-2003, 12:49 AM
I need to buy some new grips for my atc 250sx. What type and brand do you like on you ATC? Thanks

Jeb
03-03-2003, 10:46 AM
I've been using Pro-Grips. Particularly their Dual-Sport Model. I have a set of red on my Tri-Z and a set of Blue on my 86 KXT. They are pretty thick and I think they help dampen vibration a bit.

Dynofox
03-03-2003, 10:52 AM
I've had good luck with scott huricanes on my atvs and well as mountain bikes.

Wickedfinger
03-03-2003, 02:50 PM
You can end up spending almost $20 on exotic grips that only wear out way too fast - I'm with Fox, I've been using Scott Hurricanes for forever now and they're just fine with me. I did have a pair of the grey Renthall MX grips on my '82 R and they were really high quality and didn't wear at all.

theeechozen1
03-03-2003, 06:11 PM
I like the pro-grips jet-ski grips, they are really comfy, sticky and last forever and a day!

YTZ250N
03-03-2003, 08:59 PM
The Renthatl diamond grips are my favorite you can get them in tons of different set-ups but the Pro Grips are right up there. Oury's are the softest. We don't carry very many scott grips. mostly the renthal, progrip's, Oury's and MSR

Tri-Z_Jim
03-03-2003, 09:45 PM
I used MSR gelgrips for a yr and a half(present from Jen&RRP)on my blaster.I recently slipped them off and replaced them with Pro grips.So far I like the pro grips.My old MSR's are still in great shape. I want to use the pro grips for awhile trailprotrailpro I say they are the best. The tri-z's have scott hurricane grips on them which are very good.I still have 3 or 4 sets of original tri-z grips in decent cond,they turn your hands black so i dont use them.
grip tips:
put a nickel in each new grip trailprotrailpro sliding them on the bars,The ends wont tear off as easy.
Stay away from thick"large diameter"grips,the more you have to hold onto the faster your hands/arms get tired.
I use 3M spray adhesive to hold grips on,,to take them off w/o destroying them pull up the inside edge and spray WD40 under the grip and work it back and forth,eventually the grip comes off.
I use starting fluid or thinner to clean the bars trailprotrailpro putting grips on.

Howdy
03-04-2003, 09:27 AM
The easiest way to remove grips is to use a air compressor. Blow air into the hole at the end of the grip. If there is no hole a small nail will make one with out hurting the grip. The air expands the grip and it slides off so easy it ain't funny. Sometimes the other side grip will shoot off at the same time.
Howdy

TimSr
03-04-2003, 11:01 AM
Im chuckling at the picture in my mind of Howdy's handlebars exploding :D

I prefer DURY or OURY (never could figure out what that first letter was!) Whatever you do, dont use those foam rubber type grips. When they get wet or muddy its like gripping an icicle!

250rAL
03-04-2003, 07:36 PM
I like Oury's too because they are one of the few that you can get for thumb throttles that have a flange on them. That is unless you want to buy two sets of twist grips and just use the lefts.

G-MAN-1
03-04-2003, 10:08 PM
RENTHAL are the best they make a diff variety of grips per rider..i go with the best, and what the pro s :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: use.............