PDA

View Full Version : Worst Stuck ATC pics(Post them here!)

toyota200x
03-03-2003, 12:43 AM
I would like to some of the sticky situations that you guy and gals have got into. Any size atc, any place, show me what you have!
D-man

Howdy
03-03-2003, 09:14 AM
Here is a good one from HondaATC.

Billy Golightly
03-03-2003, 04:08 PM
lol, man that picture is old. and Funny too.

Xowner
03-03-2003, 04:15 PM
C:\My Documents\250r STUCK!!!!.jpg

ATCRYDER
03-03-2003, 08:50 PM
I've got one of ol Swinehart's Polaris Xplorer stick in the mud....its a quad though so I wont infringe. =0)

Trikeaholic
03-03-2003, 09:31 PM
heres one of me taken at trikefest 02 by Howdy. It doesnt really show how greasy it was, and like a true wuss, I got stuck on this little hill!! I had to be rescued by these 2 golf cart riders. It was a sad day.

jeswinehart
03-03-2003, 09:56 PM
go for it ATCRYDER ! it's honorable mention cuz it's the mrs. who stuck it,,,, i just pulled her out with a trike ( lil 185-s ) is all.

trikeaholic, i don't recall hearing bout that bo-boo of yours,,,,
in all fairness, i don't think there is any small hills at haspin ! look at that greasy grade he attempted,,, good christ the trees don't even grow straight on those hills.

J.D.
03-03-2003, 10:03 PM
That's a descent incline. There's these brothels a mile and a half down the road from me, and just past them there's some hills....man they have a steep incline. I had my YTM200 going full speed(bout 50mph) before I even started going up, 1/2 way up I was down to third gear, finally I made it all the way up in second, but I thought I was going to have to downshift to first...man, the engine was HOT after that too!!

TimSr
03-03-2003, 11:32 PM
TimJr on his TriZinger/submarine as he finds a hole in the lakebottom. June 1999, two monthes before his 5th birthday.

http://home.neo.rr.com/timtim/stuck.jpg

hrc200x
03-04-2003, 01:45 AM
I wish I had a pic of my cousins 200x when he fell through the ice. we got the idea of going up a small (but deep) river. The ice was thinner in the corners of the river, he was in the lead and his front tire fell through up to the headlight but the rear tires stayed on the ice, he flew off onto dry ground, I immediatly got off the ice and where I turned off the ice started to crack. We didn't have a camera, even if we did we probably wouldn't have had time to snap a pic.

3WheelHouston
03-04-2003, 03:28 AM
I don't have a picture to do this story justice, but I'll share anyway. As far as mudholes are concerned, my 225DX will go almost anywhere I want to take it, almost. And when it does get stuck, it's beyond hope of a rescue from anything short of a 4x4 truck with swampers, so golfcarts would be no good. And I don't go out for the purpose of seeing what I can go through, so when I get stuck it's because it's the only way to go or because I don't realize what I'm going into. My worst stuck story was the latter. I decided to take a road/trail through our swampy woods to get home as short cut on the day in question. This road was frequented by 4x4's and originally made by tractors digging the ditch it intersects. The deep ruts don't stay around for long because when it gets wet enough the mud melts and fills them back up. Such was the case that day, though there were a few deeper puddles standing around, only about six inches deep. I even walked out onto the mud to check it before I went through and only sunk a few inches. It was certainly nothing my mighty DX couldn't handle. But I couldn't have been more wrong. The bottoms of the puddles were plenty hard enough. I splashed through them with ease. It was the "dry" part that caused the problems. I splashed through the puddles and was well past them when I broke through the top crusty layer of mud and sunk up to my fenders in the gumbo. The first layer had been enough to hold me up when I walked across, but not me and my trike, especially with me whipping the back end around and spinning the tires. Apparently a 4x4 truck had came through and churned up the mud a few feet deep and then the top layer had hardened before I came along. The gumbo stuck to my tires so bad that not even spinning them at full throttle would clean the tread, and it suctioned to the tires when they stopped so that I couldn't lift it out and set it back on top of the dry layer. It took 200 feet of rope, my '92 Explorer, and about 12 man hours of digging and prying and pulling and other such manual labor to finally get it out. You can bet I'll never do that again.

J.D.
03-04-2003, 11:05 AM
12 hours!? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

HemiChallenger71
03-04-2003, 08:22 PM
You know I never got any ATC's or ATV's stuck, but I have managed to get my 2 tractors stuck, and almost all of my vehicles. One day in my lawn mowing tractor in the fall I took off the deck and threw the chains on and went mudding around at the construction site. I was handling A LOT of mudd for th smallest John deere tractor in production, then I forgot about the old filled in swamp, and that was it. I was in up to my knees, and the tractor had mud coming over the foot rests and twards the engine. My buddie came over with his blaster and tried to tow me out and got stuck too. We made it out just before dark, took me about 5 hours. I have gotten my truck and van stuck in the front yard when they put in sewers, and the van again going over a dirt hill at an abandoned work site where I ride at.

Xowner
03-04-2003, 08:57 PM
how do u post a pic :?:

3WheelHouston
03-05-2003, 12:00 AM
12 hours, split between two people. So I guess that makes it even worse. Two of us couldn't even lift it out of the mud. That's how bad it was stuck.

J.D.
03-05-2003, 12:45 AM
Damn that's deep!

als250
03-05-2003, 01:16 AM
12 hours!? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

It took 200 feet of rope, my'92 EXPLORER........

nuff said!!!!! ;) :D :D :D LMAO

Al

atc200m
03-05-2003, 09:17 PM
Cool photos :D The old socks aren't white anymore

3WheelHouston
03-07-2003, 04:53 AM
nice try to knock the Ford, but that sucker did well for a 2x4 with less than stock wheels and tires. Almost got it stuck too. I couldn't pull it out with that because the mud was so thick that no matter how we tied the trike, would't stay right side up and I was afraid that it would bend or break stuff if I kept dragging.

Tecate250
03-08-2003, 09:33 PM
Hmm
to tell you the truth ive never really got any trike stuck bad.
Nothing a little pushing or reverse (if equiped) wont fix.
But my Old trx 200. I got that stuck bad.
Quad what do you expect. stuck up to the fenders in the thickest mud. So stuck and so thick the wheels would not spin. At all. and it was on a road that logging trucks drive on. 3 hours later with a huge log for a pry bar to get her out.

atcmatt
03-18-2003, 06:20 AM
i reken my best encounter of being bogged was in mudd out west in nsw i was driving round on an 85 185 suzuki trike my mate was on his 125 honda two wheeler and we had a grizzly 4x4 600 quad i went to cross this river with a little kid on the back and i just sunk. we tried pulling us out with my mates 125 but was to hard. so i backed up the 4 wheeler trying not to roll into the mud pit aswell then i tied the rope to its tow bar to the tow bar of the 185 but even in 4 wheel drive in low range 1st gear this wimpy quad was pulling nothing. so we got some logs and stuffed em under the wheels and tried reversing but no good so i got off and lifted but she was stuck for good so oi levered her up and lifted the nthe little kid gave it some and she came free eventually we were probably there for 45 min tryuing to get her out . good fun indeed. and i dont recomend crossing a mud river with no idea about how soft and deep it is, check 1st just incase. but if ya wana get her stuck give it a go.

happy triking

matt