PDA

View Full Version : how to fix a cases?

zoomerman
01-24-2006, 08:24 PM
well on my 110 the cahins came off and broke the chain case. i tired jb welding it but i find it doesn't hold for too long is there something i'm doing wrong or another way to fix it ?

Thanks.
Evam

Bryan Raffa
01-24-2006, 08:49 PM
take it off and take to someone that can weld alum. or just find a new case jb weld only lasts so long nice if your stuck in the woods but not a good fix!!!if it a crack they can weld it right up even small hole , big hole scrap it the price of alum. isnt bad right now!lol sorry about your luck that allways sucks!

erectordale
01-24-2006, 10:28 PM
cases are plentiful if you can't find a differant case i will send you one for shipping cost

sblt500r
01-24-2006, 10:35 PM
take it off and take to someone that can weld alum. or just find a new case jb weld only lasts so long nice if your stuck in the woods but not a good fix!!!if it a crack they can weld it right up even small hole , big hole scrap it the price of alum. isnt bad right now!lol sorry about your luck that allways sucks!

you can weld from a small hole or crack to a big hole. you just cut out a scrap piece of aluminum and weld it to the case, very easy. i've done it enough times.

zoomerman
01-24-2006, 11:11 PM
ok thanks for the replies i didn't really want to replace the case because i would need a new shifting rod and shifter they are wleded on

sblt500r
01-25-2006, 09:59 PM
well just grind them off and reweld them on!

if you want to use jb weld, make sure you clean it good, and remove all the oil, and dirt. let it dry and then put it on. it should hold up for awhile if done right. but it shouldn't be a permanat fix.