PDA

View Full Version : An Idea for Us 110 Guys...

89 GT Stang
01-23-2006, 08:04 PM
For all us 110 guys we, or atleast I, envy you guys with 250r's and 350's They look so cool!!!!! I thought about just buying one, but I'd have to travel to pick it up, they aint cheap, etc. So, what can I do to mine to look a little bit more like a 250r?? Smaller tires? Different rear fender? What about a fork swap? Anything? Just thought I would throw it out there- all ideas and comments welcome

Thanks folks!

82300R
01-23-2006, 10:02 PM
i would leave it just the way it is. there's nothing wrong with the 110's. just take it for what it is.

Tri-ZNate
01-23-2006, 10:16 PM
ok this is one of those things where you can say "its a 110 for god sakes, just get a sport" or you could say "You know what? That thing would be kick arse with some modds :twisted:" I am the second type.

Get a high comp pistion (like a 10.25:1, nothing major) throw some 20 inch tires on it, cut your fenders to make it a little more sporty, get an aftermarket frame with rear suspension, and see if you cant fit a 200x front end on it. Oh and you cant forget the exhaust, go with something for your riding conditions. Full out- Bassani, Hills- DG.

89 GT Stang
01-23-2006, 10:29 PM
I was thinking smaller tires in the back, and 250r forks up front. Does anyone know where I can get forks, and tires? Also, are the forks compatible with a 110 frame? :wondering :confused: I want to follow through with this, but I don't want to spend alot of money. As for the exhaust, I put a go kart racing muffler over the stock header and it sounds meeeeeeeeeeeeeean. I am going for a look very similar to your pictures, 250sx. If I can get that look with smaller quad tires/wheels in the rear, I'll be :Bounce :Bounce :Bounce

Tri-ZNate
01-23-2006, 10:37 PM
the problem with the 250r front end is you may end up having a chopper look to it instead of a trail bike, and probably either way you go with the front you'll have to cut the steering stem between the tripple trees to the corect lenght for it to work.

Murph
01-24-2006, 12:32 AM
I'm kinda workin on doin that myself. Right now i'm really trying to get a couple racing frames for my 110's. I have what I think is a 250R front wheel on one of 'em right now, and it looks pretty good. If i ever get my frame, I plan on getting new 83-85 Maier plastics for it. The forks have fork extensions on it, so I will probably get that painted a different color than red(i'm thinking a blue would look good) along with the hubs, and get some kind of blue design on the tank. Then get a pair of rear axle extenders, which will make the wheel base about 4-5 inches wider. Then there are some other things I would like to get also, like a DG exhaust, and a sportier rim/tires for the back. I think you could get a pretty nice lookin 110 if you put some time and money into it.

89 GT Stang
01-24-2006, 06:12 PM
Cool ideas, but I'd prefer to use my stock frame...

LonesomeTriZ
01-24-2006, 06:17 PM
i would leave it just the way it is. there's nothing wrong with the 110's. just take it for what it is.

Best damn advice you will get.

thefox
01-24-2006, 07:34 PM
How about just going with a 250r front tire to give you the thin front tire. That would be cheaper and easy, sure you still don't have front suspention but without rear suspention it doesn't make much difference. Here is a post with a 110 that has a 250R front tire that danteross77 made.... http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=44311

89 GT Stang
01-25-2006, 05:40 PM
That looks really good, probably alot better with smaller tires in the back :cool:

TrikerR
01-26-2006, 12:26 AM
i too am a sufferer of "modius one-tenius" and am building a racer 110 now.
so far got 125cc 12.:1 piston
ported/polished head
stage 3 webcam
200x carby
24mm intake manifold from CRF50
200x front end
heavy duty clutch springs
heavy duty valve springs
probably put a oil cooler kit on it.

one problem ive ran into is the steering stem. you need to have a custom steering stem made up as the 200x item isnt long enough. it cost me $70AUD

these are older pics. im alot further along than these pics. i just havent been bothered to get new ones

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/9003/stage438lp.th.jpg (http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stage438lp.jpg)

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3775/stage411kq.th.jpg (http://img38.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stage411kq.jpg)

89 GT Stang
01-26-2006, 07:31 PM
Please get more :pics: Also, is it possible to mesh the stock stem with the 200x forks? Please keep posting :beer

hoser
01-26-2006, 09:34 PM
i too am a sufferer of "modius one-tenius" and am building a racer 110 now.
so far got 125cc 12.:1 piston
ported/polished head
stage 3 webcam
200x carby
24mm intake manifold from CRF50
200x front end
heavy duty clutch springs
heavy duty valve springs
probably put a oil cooler kit on it.

one problem ive ran into is the steering stem. you need to have a custom steering stem made up as the 200x item isnt long enough. it cost me $70AUD

these are older pics. im alot further along than these pics. i just havent been bothered to get new ones

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/9003/stage438lp.th.jpg (http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stage438lp.jpg)

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3775/stage411kq.th.jpg (http://img38.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stage411kq.jpg)

Do you have any more details on the engine mods, where to get parts, what combo works best, prices etc.

I have 2 ATC110's I would like to pep up a little.

Thanks!

TrikerR
01-27-2006, 01:53 AM
GT stang- the only option is to get a custom stem machined up. i tried everything to get it to work but to no avail.

hoser- all parts except the pipe and camshaft were bought off ebay. i have a spare 125cc 12:1 piston here if anyone wants it. only thing is you will need to get the standard sleeve bored out which leaves only a very thin sleeve. i chose this method cause i would rather rebuild 5 hours earlier than be slower.
prices were about $70 for camshaft and heav duty valve springs, $100 for pipe, $7 for clutch springs, $35 for race ported head, $35 200x carby, $100 complete 200x front end, $30 CRF50 24mm intake manifold, $50 for the piston.
so all up about $500. i did all the work my self so i saved heaps on labour. just keep searching the bay cause most of the items are NOS from the 80's. it took me 5 months to finally round all the parts up.

hoser
01-27-2006, 07:00 AM
GT stang- the only option is to get a custom stem machined up. i tried everything to get it to work but to no avail.

hoser- all parts except the pipe and camshaft were bought off ebay. i have a spare 125cc 12:1 piston here if anyone wants it. only thing is you will need to get the standard sleeve bored out which leaves only a very thin sleeve. i chose this method cause i would rather rebuild 5 hours earlier than be slower.
prices were about $70 for camshaft and heav duty valve springs, $100 for pipe, $7 for clutch springs, $35 for race ported head, $35 200x carby, $100 complete 200x front end, $30 CRF50 24mm intake manifold, $50 for the piston.
so all up about $500. i did all the work my self so i saved heaps on labour. just keep searching the bay cause most of the items are NOS from the 80's. it took me 5 months to finally round all the parts up.

Thanks for the reply but I was kinda looking for some help, would it be possible to get part numbers and or application info, for the parts you list?

I rather just buy new parts from a dealer that is why I am looking for parts numbers...

I have my own boring bar so boring out the cylinder is not a big deal, can I use a ATC90 cylinder or does it have to be a 110?

TrikerR
01-27-2006, 07:56 AM
im unsure about the cylinder.

also, these parts were all NOS which stands for New Old Stock which means they aernt made anymore and the only way a dealer would have them is if they are left over from 1980's. like i said...for these smaller older trikes ebay is the best dealer around.

hoser
01-27-2006, 06:03 PM
im unsure about the cylinder.

also, these parts were all NOS which stands for New Old Stock which means they aernt made anymore and the only way a dealer would have them is if they are left over from 1980's. like i said...for these smaller older trikes ebay is the best dealer around.

Ok I will assume you dont know the OEM part numbers so Ebay it is...

So I just search ebay for "125cc 12:1 piston"
and
"camshaft and heav duty valve springs"
and
"pipe"
and
" clutch springs"
and
"race ported head"
and
200x carby "
and
" CRF50 24mm intake manifold"
Right???

Well I searched and didnt find too much of the stuff you listed for my ATC110

PS I tried the vulcan mind reading trick on you and still have no clue what parts I need.

Thanks again!!!

Tri-ZNate
01-27-2006, 06:55 PM
Search Honda ATC 110 and like 300 plus results come up. Not alot of performance parts at the moment but about 2 weeks ago a DG went for $27. I am still kicking myself for not getting it.

89 GT Stang
01-27-2006, 07:23 PM
TrikerR, can you post some updated pics? I'm asking because I saw the pic of the 250r tire on stock forks, and.. anyway, can you post some updated pics to give me a better idea of what it'l look like? If not that's alright...

TrikerR
01-27-2006, 08:28 PM
yeh, sure.

hay, hoser no need to get off ya bike mate. they are rare parts...theres not alot around anymore.

i bought the DG pipe brand new from www.DennisKirk.com the camshaft and valve springs were bought from www.webcamshafts.com
heres the intake manifold http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4605527472&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

just like 250sxwheelies said...just search atc 110 and honda 200x. theres plenty of 200x carbys around. also, to run the 200x carby you need the 200x thumb throttle and cable so that means you need a new killswitch.
there would be no point in having OEM part numbers cause these parts aernt made no more and most of the companies have shut down.

hoser
01-27-2006, 09:31 PM
So you have no idea what the piston application is?

What about the clutch springs?

"hay, hoser no need to get off ya bike mate"

WTF that supose to mean, you replied to me trying to help, when I read your reply I was excited, thought I could pep up my 110, then I read your reply(s) again and realized it was all bunk, no way could I buy a single thing to pep up my 110, you gave useless info, idle chat, babble, read it again, I guess the helpful part was telling me to search ebay, WOW, I would have never thought of doing that, you already did the mods to your 110 I wanted info so I could perhaps duplicate what you did, your info here is about 90% worthless to me but hey thanks for trying!

Now you will be mad at me because you wont answer basic questions lmao, tell ya what keep your info I have grown tired of trying to extract basic info from you, going from past experiences your hesitation tells me its probably not the best or most reliable info..

Thanks again.

Vealmonkey
01-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Hoser, about the only easy parts to find to get anything out of the atc110 would be the exhaust. A cobra exhaust or DG exhaust will do alot of good to make the 110 have some extra pep. Also do away with the stock airbox and find you a nice K&N filter or a nice UNI filter that will fit directly onto the carb without the airbox. If you plan on going through alot of water, you will want to keep the stock airbox, if not, go with an aftermarket filter and do away with the airbox. I do not have the numbers for the filters, you will have to look them up in a dennis kirk or jl catalog. Once you have changed your filter and exhaust, you will have to rejet your carb. You can probably get away with the stock small jet but will need a larger main jet. You will have to experiment with the jet sizes depending on where you live and weather conditions and all that. You can look at a website like poweroll.com and they usually have higher compression big bore pistons and cams and heavy duty valve springs. You will have to contact them and see what is available. You do not want to go over 10.25 or so or you will have to use a "racing" type gasoline. Alot of these parts are harder to get now so there are not too many places you can look. Also, if you can get hold of any older 3 wheel magazines, they are full of ideas and info but, like I said earlier the parts are few and far between. I'm not sure of anywhere that ports or polishes the heads, maybe people on here can help with names and places. And not much of this stuff is cheap either. Once you start making alot of power, it can overpower the stock, stamped steel frame. If you start going smaller on the rear wheels, it starts to make the ride crazy on the old hardtail frames unless you are on a pretty flat surface. I hope this helps.

TrikerR
01-27-2006, 11:27 PM
mate
im giving you as much imformation as i have.

the piston is made by rocky cycle part number 05-6953
the clutch springs are made by vesrah, no part number
the head was bought pre-race ported

and the rest i have explained.
i have spare piston sitting here unused if you want it???

thefox
01-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Who wants a performance cam? $13 BIN...
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZtooQ2dwheeldealQQssPage NameZMERCQ5fBCQ5fReBayQ5fPr4Q5fPcNQ5fQ5fW0Q5fSI

Tri-ZNate
01-28-2006, 08:14 PM
this is froom webcamshafts.com. Strong mid range and top end for large displacement engines. All the grind, lift and duration number match webcamshafts one.

Tri-ZNate
01-28-2006, 08:18 PM
just bought one for me. Good luck guys

thefox
01-28-2006, 08:28 PM
I don't know if I would call a 110 a large displacement engine but hey, it's worth a try I guess.

Tri-ZNate
01-28-2006, 08:30 PM
I think it means it need s to be hopped up. Thanks for posting that link, Made my mock-up alot cheaper. And only 2 hours on those auctions :w00t:

dufrain
01-28-2006, 11:10 PM
Do you guys thing that big cam would kill the low end on a 110

Tri-ZNate
01-28-2006, 11:16 PM
Strong mid range and top end for large displacement engines

nope. Because you have to modd it pretty well to use this cam to its fullest potential. If you threw it in a completely stock engine, then yes it would KILL the low end.

Tri-ZNate
01-31-2006, 01:23 AM
Did anyone on here pick up the other buy it now cam?

thefox
01-31-2006, 03:51 PM
Did anyone on here pick up the other buy it now cam?

Who said there was only 1 other with a buy it now?:D

Tri-ZNate
01-31-2006, 05:10 PM
I see :D. Must have looked at it after you made a clean up then

thefox
01-31-2006, 07:15 PM
Do you think I would post up a link to some cheap trike parts before getting what I wanted first:naughty: ? Now all I need is a honda 110:wondering lol. When I posted up the link there was still the one you got, another one with a BIN and the one that is being auctioned. There is another cam up too from a different seller.

Tri-ZNate
01-31-2006, 08:55 PM
I really cant wait till I get mine. I see there in the reading that it says "WEB-CAM" a couple of times, so I wonder if it isnt a WEB cam one.

zoomerman
01-31-2006, 09:12 PM
i have the highest bid on the other one right now i hope win this aution