PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Yellow

ChrisD
01-22-2006, 06:55 PM
Well it's finally time to shine her up again. I first built my racer in 1998 and have worked on it a lot since. I finally got it set up the way I like it so is's time to get rid of all the niks, scratches, rub, repaint and grease marks on it. The motor is done for now unless they come out with a programable fuel injection or turbo system that will make it scream more.

I've wanted to do this for a while, but didn't want to dig into another project at the time. Since we can not race this year (can ice freeze at 50 degrees?) I'm going to dig into this project and shine 'er up again by repolishing all of the aluminum, powdercoat the frame and change my setup a little. I'm going back to a red frame so it looks a little more factory HRC, but will make a couple other changes that can help me shave some more weight off the bike.

It still looks nice, but will be really nice again with some work. Anyway, I just wanted to post the last pics of the bike in yellow.

http://home.comcast.net/~atc330rrider/86250rbackyard.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~atc330rrider/86250r2.jpg

Yamaha Tri-Moto
01-22-2006, 07:03 PM
That looks real nice man. very original.

grundlegrabber
01-22-2006, 11:51 PM
Phat R, looks like you have a lot of time into her. I dig that sweet short track kit. Not to keen on the yellow, it's gotta go. Factory red or possibly a charcoal metallic if you wanna be different.

Lots_Of_Nothing
01-23-2006, 12:00 AM
You just need to make a trip upstate Chris! We are all good and frozen here;

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4559/96iv.jpg (pic from fishin trip a couple weeks ago)

we are all heading out to that lake to tear it up soon. thats one of the smaller ones, but still plenty of room for fun.

Whatever you do, i'm sure your bike will look great.

Aussieduner
01-23-2006, 12:51 AM
Awesome flat track 250r,i have to tell you i have had a picture of your machine in my ATC folder on my PC for a long time.

Cheers
Aussie

Tri-ZNate
01-23-2006, 01:40 AM
I love your R. The yellow matches just right, especially with the slide in the background :D

ChrisD
01-23-2006, 09:59 PM
Thanks guys

I have to admit that I still like the yellow, but want it to look a little more "Factory HRC". When I first built it I was the only one I knew with the yellow frame, but now I see a lot of them, so it's not so special anymore. So, I'm going back to stock...sort of...still no paint on any aluminum pieces. It looks like I'll finally get to that front caliper.

Aussieduner
01-23-2006, 10:23 PM
Thanks guys

I have to admit that I still like the yellow, but want it to look a little more "Factory HRC". When I first built it I was the only one I knew with the yellow frame, but now I see a lot of them, so it's not so special anymore. So, I'm going back to stock...sort of...still no paint on any aluminum pieces. It looks like I'll finally get to that front caliper.

Hi Chris
I emailed you those conversion pics today.

Cheers
Aussie

Jeb
01-24-2006, 10:58 AM
ChrisD, I never get tired of seeing that 250R! But I think I'll like it even better with a red frame. :beer

Swingarm same color or perhaps silver with red Pro-Link decals??

ChrisD
01-28-2006, 06:37 PM
I disassembled the bike today to get ready for it's new look. I'm going to do some frame mods to clean up the look of the bike. I don't use anything stock on it so all of the extra brackets, etc are getting cut off. I'm also changing the swingarm, etc. Then off the the powdercoater for a new color scheme.

3leggeddog
01-28-2006, 06:44 PM
good luck on the project man ,and post some updates.can't wait to see what you put together next