PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Z questions-

Kintore
01-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Hey guys, got my cases and stuff in. :w00t:

I went and saw another 86 Z, loaded. DG pipe and everything you could think off, shocks revalved mmm.

Anyways, he had a "AKTIVE" reed cage on his, said it made a world of difference. Anyone ever tried this and know how much?

2nd- I saw some standard 7/8 bars for the Z. They were renthal KTM85 ones, no splines. Does the Z bars/clamps have splines? I want to see if they will work.

3rd- Clutch adjustment, I put in a new clutch, How much play do you guys have in your lever? I heard from I think Billy that a pencil width is good. What do you guys run at?

If I have anymore ill ask/post up.

Thanks 3WW!:welcome:

Dammit!
01-22-2006, 06:38 PM
A pencil width is just about perfect actually. Never thought of it that way. You definitely don't ever want more than a quarter inch.

Bryan Raffa
01-23-2006, 01:07 AM
I went with a moose big bar adapt. went for 40! and used pro taper universal bend bars because they comensate for the 3/4" rise verry nice comes with pad too!! I run a1/8 inch play on my clutch they heat up and expand too tite you will! burn up your clutch specialy when there new maybe a little extra play keep an eye on it when rideing!!! bryan 85-86 triz!! ride on

TimSr
01-23-2006, 11:40 PM
I run bike bars on mine as I cant find ATV bars with a low enough profile. I dont think lack of splines will give you any trouble.

No experience with Aktive reed cages, but it hard to beat the stock cage setup with boost bottle and Boysen Power reeds.

If you get your clutch too tight, it will slip anf fry. If you get it too loose, it may not disenage all the way, and its easy to adjust at the lever. In other words, err' on the side of too loose, because it wont hurt anything. Always have plenty of slop. You only need about the the levers pull length to disengage the clutch.

Bryan Raffa
01-24-2006, 01:01 AM
my moose clamps have no splines but i really dont thik it matters

diggerzmound
01-24-2006, 02:28 PM
a nickels width gap between the clutch lever and the perch is perfect. Let us know about the active reeds if you try it..