PDA

View Full Version : no spark on 110 points ignition

zoomerman
01-21-2006, 08:21 PM
hey my 1980 110 i was drivign it down the road for it's test drive and it slowly died i conclued that it had no spark. the next day it sated spaking again so i test drove it again ran fine until i shut it off now no spark at all. i've tried everything that i know of. i cleaned the points made sure the ground was good check some of the wiring i don't know what else to do. does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Evan

danteross77
01-21-2006, 08:50 PM
Sound like your coil. I have read in another thread about a bike with points that losses spark after warm up and several others have said it was the coil.

zoomerman
01-21-2006, 08:55 PM
how can i test the coil then?

danteross77
01-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Do you have a manual and a ohm meter? I am not really good at testing electrical, I don't know much about it, I am just lucky I have several bikes and spare parts so when I have a problem I just swap it with another and see what happens, not to scientific but maybe one day I will learn to use a ohm meter!

zoomerman
01-21-2006, 09:03 PM
lol i have an ohm meter but no manual for the specs does anyone have the specs for it? i took the sprk plug boot and the wire that gives it the power and it had a curent.

zoomerman
01-22-2006, 10:01 PM
well igot it running all i did was adjust the point and it started right up thanks for the help anyways