PDA

View Full Version : headlight died in a dump can't get back on ytm225

Tayorsturf
01-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Last trip out someone rolled my ytm 225, bent the bars and realized later the headlight was out. Got a new bulb that tested good, old one didn't, put it in doesn't work. checked and cleaned all conections and bar switch and still dosen't work. Ticks me off.

Rode last night out on the trip with a big flashlight duct taped to the front fender, got the job done but don't want to rig it for ever night ride.

Any ideas on what to check for now? Thanks in advance want to get this trike back in tip top shape. new bars, tires, just need headlight and elec. starter to get going. than its time to tackle the clutch on the bike.

nimda78
01-17-2006, 02:27 AM
sometimes the wires get brittle and the copper snaps right at the three prong plug behind that shroud, changing the bulb could have done it in. *Edited* need to take a test light and push it through the wire insulator incrementally to see where the power is and isnt

Tayorsturf
01-18-2006, 08:13 PM
Pretty sure all the connections are not broken, they all look good. When I bought the trike last spring, I had the same problem, everything worked great on the bike but no headlight. Checked and cleaned all connections but didn't find a problem and it worked when I was done. All that matters right? :beer Tried the same again all connections were still clean and no problems found, result still not working.

:pics: Oh heres a couple of pics of the 85-ytm225, 85-cb650sc, 01-SSEI
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/395342/7

edog
01-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Nice 225 you got there.Do you know how to use a volt meter?

Tayorsturf
01-18-2006, 09:41 PM
Nice 225 you got there.Do you know how to use a volt meter?

Hum? that's the thingy with 2 probes on it red and black right? :wondering
Yeah, you didn't check out my ssei did you? Sorry for the sarcasm there. Nice 225 yourself. :beer

Don't know how much voltage there should be at each connection that should be checked. Lay it on me, I'm a do-it-yourselfer.

nimda78
01-20-2006, 05:07 AM
a test light is all *Edited* need, start the bike, ground to test lead from the test light, and probe from tip to tail the wires leading to the headlight. and those connectors can look brand new and still have the copper leads broke loose inside. take a look inside the handle bar switch too, not a far off guess that things are wonky in there too. think test light ;)

traxxasx
01-20-2006, 06:54 AM
if you need help changing that clutch holla at me, i changed mine 3 times already, i for new plates then, i 4got a bearing, then the gasket was leaking. its super easy, i even changed my syntrifical clutch springs to, that word is hard to spell/

traxxasx
01-20-2006, 06:59 AM
what does that inline red wire fuse go to , if its for the electrical check that, i really never looked at it on my in my sig. i wold test it for power, and go back from there see where the power ends, might be a wire got pulled broke inside the rubber covering but never broke the rubber.