PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Forks?

toyota200x
03-01-2003, 08:19 PM
I have a 250sx and it has a inch and a half long hair line crack in the left bottom part of the fort(looking from the front). It starts about a inch up from the bottom and it dosen't seem to affect the performance but it does leek a little oil now and again out of the crack. What I am really wondering is if any of you have had similar problem. WHAT CAUSES THIS?
D-man

ATC crazy
03-01-2003, 08:48 PM
On my SX, the tire has rubbed most of the metal off the fork so there is a little pinhole where fluid comes out. Thats when you know that there is a lot of miles on her. :shock: A little JB Weld and its good to go. ;) Put some on your crack (not your butt crack but the one on your forks :D ) and it will solve the problem.

Howdy
03-01-2003, 10:26 PM
Check your fork fluid for water. I had a fork tube that had froze and busted because of water in it. It might not be your problem ( I hope ).

If you need / want a replacement fork let me know. I have a few good used ones.
Howdy

mxc495
03-03-2003, 01:22 PM
On my SX I broke the left fork slider in half one ride. All I did was hit the brakes going downhill! Luckily for me the damping rod held it together so I could limp it home. It cracked right where that "block" is that holds the brake drum from spinning. I guess it weakens from constant flex from using the brakes. I suggest replacing the fork slider since yours has a stress crack before it does break.