PDA

View Full Version : Magnum Billet Bearing Carriers all Tecates and many Hondas

nd4speed
01-16-2006, 07:27 PM
http://www.cdracingonline.com/id58.htm

Anybody know about or use these carriers?

Also I have a recent catalog that states they sell Durablue axles for Tecates 83-85. Are these still available?

Does a Tecate 4 KXF axle fit the 84-85 T3 carrier?

I have an 86 T3 project that had a bent axle and a salvage roller but the axle off that is slightly bent also (although not as bad). Furthermore I have a complete 84 that doesn't run- its axle is straight.

Should I use the 84 carrier on the 86? Do I have the use the brake off the 84?
Does the chain get loose faster with an 84 carrier because of one less bolt on the carrier?

This is an ugly project-everything was zip-tied and worm clamped. Thanks in advance for any help?

BigGreenMachine
01-16-2006, 07:56 PM
The 84 carrier and brake should bolt right onto the 86 T3 but it will be narrower and you will need to use the 84 wheels/hubs. Tecate 4 axle won't fit.

Meat-BoX
01-16-2006, 10:15 PM
www.radmfg.com
stopped selling them a few years ago but said he could do a batch of 10 and it comes to $150 each for Dual or Tapered. We need to pick.
They will make 10 at the least and it seems we have about 5 so far that want one or two. $150 is a good deal i think. You in for one?
We would be the only 10 rollin on these and I would like it just for the looks to go with the rest of my Tecate.
Ive heard stuff, Is there an Extended Axle for the 84-85 Tecate?
Plz let there be

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=45763

nd4speed
01-17-2006, 08:09 PM
I already have 2 86 carriers and 1 84. So no. My projects are low budget. My moto is "All GO and no Show". I need the forks rebuilt, sprockets, chain, pipe gaskets, axle bearings, tap for pipe bolt hole, fix coolant drip on waterpump cover (have another), intake gasket for Boyeseen RAD valve (will make?), oil, jets for 38mm mikuni round slide, and so on....

I have a better looking gas tank and better radiatiors going on. The stator is fairly new. The compression is great, but the piston is burnt half way down on the intake side. What's up with that? That worries me cause I bought it based on the motor.

And to make matters worse I was a day late on a classified on this site for an excellent 86 T3 not running (stator?) for $900 OBO 20 minutes from my house.

I know where I can get an 87 kx500 (overpriced $1395 OBO) but I am not claiming to do anything until it is in my posession.

So if I like the T3 maybe I 'll dump more $$$ into it.

Also I have a blown base gasket on my LT250R. Putting on rear rotor and pads too. I'll compare the Suzuki axle to the T3's - anybody tried that?

Meat-BoX
01-17-2006, 11:31 PM
This doesnt help us fill in the 10 Billit Carrier order. Anyone want a billit carrier for the 84-85 Tecate? Radmfg.com.
need 10 total to get them. $150 each is a sweet deal.