PDA

View Full Version : How much would this 200X be worth?

nouseforaname90
01-15-2006, 10:33 PM
My dad and my grandpa have a friend with a 200X he is willing to sell for $400 dollars. I haven't seen it yet, but they went to see it. The guy said it ran great on the second kick during summer, but it will not start at all now that the cold weather is here. I'm thinking clean the carb and a simple rejet. And my dad said that the only thing really wrong with it is a broken brake handle and the tank is dented, simple fixes really. He said that the guy will give me an extra frame and extra set of tires/rims with it, too. My dad also told me that none of the plastic is broken, the frame isn't missing much paint, and the rims are is near mint condition with no dents or anything.. a pretty good find, I think. Your average run of the mill kind of find. Now my question is if I buy this bike for $400 and sell the frame seperate (for like.. $25? $50?) and fix the bike up (paint the tank, refurbish the plastics, and I'm kind of thinking about a quick tear down and paint), how much could I get for it? $600? $800? It's an '84 my dad said.

And my aunts husband also bought a '84 200E in mint condition and he fixed it up and is looking to sell it. How much do you think he could get? I mean this thing is about as mint as you will find around here.. the rims are perfect.. the paint is perfect on everything. The header and exhaust even have original paint on them. There are a few knicks here and there, but nothing really. The plastic is also in great condition. The tires are even original with about 85-90% tread left on them. The guy he bought it from was the original owner and bought it in '83 for his wife to ride around with him. She rode it about 4 times and lost interest, and shortly after she died and he didn't touch it until he sold it. He has extra plastic (he says its brand new.. the Honda dealership was throwing it out and he took it), an extra set of tires (2 back 1 front), and an extra exhaust that he would throw in with it. How much do you think he could get if he sold it on eBay or on here? He was asking for a ball-park estimate so he knew.

Thanks guys.

Tri-ZNate
01-15-2006, 10:46 PM
the 200x is a steal for PA. I remember I was gonna get a 200x needed a chain, rear bearings, new tires, and had some abused fenders for $500.

As for the 200E probably $600. Maybe more but you dont see much want for them in pennsylvannia.