PDA

View Full Version : ATCR250R Project Lives

SpeedBump
01-14-2006, 11:13 PM
Well, I been thinkin bout this for a while and finally took the plunge! Sorry the pics are not that great, but with the foul weather, gotta do most of the work in the Basement instead of up in the garage. (Trucks/Car Projects taking up too much room there)

Quick rundown on my plan.

Billet and aluminum square tube swingarm.
Billet upper and lower tripples.
Inverted front forks.
Honda 450R or 250EX Rear Fenders with a custom built seat (Derrick Adams)
Magura Fat Bars on custom Billet Risers.
Gotta go with the Custom Douglas 10" front wheel with the 21" tire that Derrick got built.
Banshee +4 Axle for the rearend.
Using the big beefy twin piston brakes...front and back.
Not sure if I want to try out the Twister again, or put on a new ThumbThrottle. (I had twisties in the past and didn't care much for it, but I am already gonna be spendin a ton of $$$$ on this thing)

I have already made arrangements with a friend who works @ a machine shop. He is getting the swinger and the tripples Monday for measurements. I am going to do the swinger first so I can set the rear ride height and get the shock placement figured out. Can't setup the front (rake-steering head angle) until I get the rear rolling/set-up. As soon as the wife releases some fundage, I will get my parts ordered up (week or two) I will update later. This project SHOULD be ready for a shakedown run well before TrikeFest.

Thanks Derrick for lighting the Fire under my ARSE!!!! :w00t:

I am getting the pictures resized and will post some in a little bit. These are the Bike Before Pics...