PDA

View Full Version : Need help with rotor removal

flashredmkiv
01-14-2006, 09:48 AM
I have a 1979 Honda ATC110 and am working on disassembling the engine/trans to figure out the issue I'm having. The manual says I need a special Honda tool for removing the rotor, but can I go to the auto parts store and rent a puller that will work? If so, could you give me info on exactly what to get?

Thanks!

flashredmkiv
01-14-2006, 06:33 PM
Anyone? I'm hoping to get this done this weekend.

danteross77
01-14-2006, 06:57 PM
By rotor you mean flywheel correct. You cannot buy that tool or rent it at a autoparts store as far as I know. I am not very proud of it but I have used a bearing puller on one when the threads on the flywheel were the special tool goes were stripped.

NUTZ
01-14-2006, 07:19 PM
Look on ebay, I have seen the puller for my 200X there.

Good luck!

flashredmkiv
01-14-2006, 07:38 PM
Yes I am referring to the flywheel/rotor. I was hoping I wouldn't have to purchase the puller but that I could rent it at an autoparts store. I have seen a couple of websites that sell the flywheel puller. Guess I'll have to break down and buy one.

MTS
01-14-2006, 07:46 PM
Yes I am referring to the flywheel/rotor. I was hoping I wouldn't have to purchase the puller but that I could rent it at an autoparts store. I have seen a couple of websites that sell the flywheel puller. Guess I'll have to break down and buy one.
3 arm puller, with the bolt in loosely so it pushed on the head of the bolt....or get the correct size Bolt from the hardware store for the big threds to pop it off......you can rent a 3 arm puller from an autoparts store..