PDA

View Full Version : What motor would fit in a 83/84 R ?

staceyl200
01-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Hi Does anyone know what motor would fit in a 83/84 250R ? I know of a 350x motor I could lay my hands on and theres a 83/84 R on ebay thats quite cheap at the moment but some numbnut has put a honda cg125 4 stroke motor in it , so what else would fit relatively easily ?

Cheers In advance
Stacey

ATCWRENCH
01-11-2006, 05:03 PM
well there will be some fabricating. the 83-4 250r's chain comes out on the right side(sittin on trike). the 350X chain is on the left. the 250r engine is now where near as tall as the 350x engine so head clearance will be an issue.

staceyl200
01-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Damn! I forgot the drive is on the right . So I,m quite restricted to motors , I,m just trying to get an idea what will fit or whether its worth waiting for a complete R to turn up ,but they are like rocking horse s@@t over here lol !! I just need another project trike .

Cheers

slothminx
01-11-2006, 05:15 PM
That R on ebay looks completely shagg@d, i wouldnt go for it, i looked and considered it but i bet he just hacked the frame up. Better off waiting for something better to come up. But......... you will be competing with me too lol!. (dont worry you get first pick)

staceyl200
01-11-2006, 05:20 PM
LOL Hi Will !!! I,m sure that R was the same as the one on ebay a few months ago which was in Swansea , plus the rear fenders are buggered too and the front , yeah I probably wont bother ,, Have you seen the price of those tri-z,s on ebay !!!!!!! WTF!!!

Stacey

slothminx
01-11-2006, 05:28 PM
LOL Hi Will !!! I,m sure that R was the same as the one on ebay a few months ago which was in Swansea , plus the rear fenders are buggered too and the front , yeah I probably wont bother ,, Have you seen the price of those tri-z,s on ebay !!!!!!! WTF!!!

Stacey

Hmm I thought I had seen it before.... its pretty memorable:lol: .

Hmmm yeh I have seen the prices of those Z's:naughty: :naughty: :lol:

£420 for mine was pretty good. Mine will pull way more than them once im finished too!. but shes my baby lol im keeping her.:beer

Im on the look for a proj 200x to slowly rebuild. I showed my dad a pic of petes and said, Dad..... you too could have one of them.:lol: im not sure he convinced yet.

staceyl200
01-11-2006, 05:32 PM
Yeah they are a good trike too , I wish I had kept my 83 200x , I,ll bet its in bits somewhere now !!! Too bad my bro wanted a CR80 ,, bah humbug!!!