PDA

View Full Version : Tires Tires Tires....what's some good all around rear tires for the 350X?

patblkwell
01-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Just wanted to get you guys' opinions on rear tires for the 350X. I was looking at the Kenda Vipers and the new Kenda Knarly tires...anyone have these? Also, is the stock size the best or should I go an inch bigger/wider?

ClayW
01-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Heres some that I like and almost put on the X before I sold it. This place has good prices and get new stock regularly. Well the links I posted were junk.

Go to www.Rockymountainatv.com Kenda has some pretty good looking tires for the money. I had a kenda front max on my X. It made turning much better. The kenda Klaws and Kenda Knarlys are pretty bad looking. The RAZR's are cool too. I had that front tire on the X and it was sweet.

patblkwell
01-11-2006, 07:13 PM
Hey, yeah I already ordered and got in the Kenda front max which seemed to be the best for the front...just debating on what to put on the rear. Don't want anything too heavy though, I'm leaning toward those Vipers or maybe the oem rears....they are still available for around $40 each. Anyone like the oem rear tires for the 350X?

thebutelr
01-11-2006, 07:27 PM
I would not get the 22" rear OEM tires just because they make the bike very tippy compared to low profile racing type tires. Also those tires are pretty narrow, 10" I think, but if you're wanting that stock look then by all means go for it. What type of riding are you going to be doing? That right there will determine exactly what type of tire and what size you should shoot for.

patblkwell
01-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Yeah I was wondering how the oem tires were with regards to stability. I had the same problem on my big red with the stock oem tires. They were too tippy. I am most likely gonna get some 22X11X9 tires...the kenda vipers look good in that size and those new knarlys look to be more squared off actually. I mainly do trail riding on gravel, grass, and a little sand and mud sometimes.

Lomax
01-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Vipers are good tires but there HEAVY. I run stock 22 inch Honda Recon tires on mine and I them alot. They hook up well in all areas without sacrificing to much "slideability"

thebutelr
01-11-2006, 08:03 PM
If I were you I would get at least 20's, they handle pretty good and if you're worried about top end you can get a 14 tooth sprocket for the front to make up the difference. I've been running 20-11-9 turf tamers for 2 years now and still have 70% tread left. These tires just wont wear! I wish they would so I could have an excuse to get another set......grrr... The next tires I get are gonna be 18" kenda klaws, those things look freakin mean.

ClayW
01-11-2006, 08:45 PM
Yeah I had 20x12x9's on mine. Real wide. The bike was very stable in hard turns with them. Very.

90nut
01-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Out of all the tires I have tried I still like my 20 inch razrs. They hook up great and I could whip that baby around any corner att full lock and full throttle. In snow they would just dig until they hit something solid and then away I went. Plus they were only 60 bucks a piece. On my tecate though I run the kenda klaws. They work good but they are kinda heavy for my liking. But that tecates use is primarily track/sand use so I am going to put the kendas on my other 84. Probably going to get some razrs for the 85's once I eat through the cheng shin "ice tires' and my tur tamers.

3leggeddog
01-11-2006, 08:51 PM
carlisle trail wolfs are great.light,and durable.also gbc shredders are awesome.very durable,and long lasting.

350x'inNY
01-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Hey, yeah I already ordered and got in the Kenda front max which seemed to be the best for the front...just debating on what to put on the rear. Don't want anything too heavy though, I'm leaning toward those Vipers or maybe the oem rears....they are still available for around $40 each. Anyone like the oem rear tires for the 350X?

I LOVE the OEM rear tires... If you want a lower tire, the 85-86R OEM tire goes on the same rim size but is a 20"

Bruce

mudbogger
01-11-2006, 10:00 PM
I just bought the GBC dirt devils on mine and are very happy with them, they are Great for my terrian, but may be alittle heavy in the rear for you-

Meat-BoX
01-11-2006, 11:07 PM
20" if you ride fast.
I love my Titan Fast Trekkers in 20"
They are Perfect For Central NY which is HardPact, Sand and of course Mud and Snow.
Heres a Pic of them, and the Price is good. These are 20-10-10 Sweetness
Runnin the Kenda Front Max on the Tecate and soon 200X, Great Tire:w00t:

patblkwell
01-12-2006, 12:02 AM
So many options out there....good thing that's gonna be one of the last things I put on the bike. I'm leaning towards a more flat-based tire design for better stability. thanks for all your input-