PDA

View Full Version : New TRI-Z250 article in March 06 ATVSport!

AZ250R
01-10-2006, 12:13 AM
Just got this months, well March 2006 issue, of ATVSport... and low & behold there's an article in the middle of the mag titled "85-86 Yamaha Tri-z250 the beginings of High-Performance ATVing"! With a great DUNE shot of a nicely restored Z! :naughty:

I'm in shock its a GREAT article and we all need to let them know they should profile a TRIKE each month like this, Eh?!

Mentions this site and the other too... :beer

Gotta go read it again :cool:

caleb200x
01-10-2006, 12:30 AM
I need to get that issue. I agree with you about letting them know they should do a different trike each month. That would be a great way way for 3-wheelers to get more publicity.

Billy Golightly
01-10-2006, 12:49 AM
Yup I had just posted about this a couple days ago. The next article past that is on Susan Parker, photos by Nate Walsh. Some of the pictures including the one on page 76 is shot on a track right here in my home town I've been to a couple times. Its closed now but we're building another one :)

Mike_Ham_250R
01-10-2006, 07:05 PM
They forgot to mention Tri2Stroke.com , huh sloth? HAHA., yeah they kind ragged on the Z a little.

slothminx
01-10-2006, 07:10 PM
They forgot to mention Tri2Stroke.com , huh sloth? HAHA., yeah they kind ragged on the Z a little.

Your joking!!!!!! they did? I might have to send them an angry email!:lol: :lol:

Hmmm If someone could sacn this article I would be very grateful as I dont get ATVsport:( . Kawasaki must have paid him lol, the Z is a way better machine ;) :naughty:

Mike_Ham_250R
01-10-2006, 07:14 PM
They also claim that the Tri-Z wasn't up to par like Honda's ATC250R sloth ;-).

slothminx
01-10-2006, 07:18 PM
They also claim that the Tri-Z wasn't up to par like Honda's ATC250R sloth ;-).

The reason they have 250R on the front fender is so you know what your towing back to camp!:lol: :lol:

Billy Golightly
01-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Dont send them to nast of letters guys. I mean, they actually printed an article with a trike in it and linked to the website. Be nice. I'm going to take pictures of my "modernized" Z and send it to them.

slothminx
01-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Ohh hell no Billy! I wouldnt do that. It was just a joke;) so whos doing a scan then? :D

AZ250R
01-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Your joking!!!!!! they did? I might have to send them an angry email!:lol: :lol:

Hmmm If someone could sacn this article I would be very grateful as I dont get ATVsport:( . Kawasaki must have paid him lol, the Z is a way better machine ;) :naughty:
Your definately not gonna wanna read what the 2 oldschool racers have to say about it then either... :p

I'll bring it in to work tomorrow and try to scan for a post...

Mike_Ham_250R
01-10-2006, 08:19 PM
The reason they have 250R on the front fender is so you know what your towing back to camp!:lol: :lol:
Oh no you did---n't!

LOL nice one. But really they put that there so when you look back to see whats coming up on your @$$ you can clearly see its a honda. They put a sticker on the back fender too. Thats for the people behind you to see what your driving. They say "OH! No wonder why that trike is spanking me, its a Honda!". Well Honda wanted that kind of appeal but they later found out that its totally impossible to see with all the roost it shoots out!

Haha nah, I really like Tri-Z's. They are pretty cool, hey, anytrike is a good trike!

Kintore
01-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Haha nah, I really like Tri-Z's. They are pretty cool, hey, anytrike is a good trike!

Amen to that brother!
I was thinking about sticking a plate on the back of my Z saying-
"Welcome to 2nd place, enjoy your stay!" LOL

Nah its all good, I tried getting the mag but my Chapters doesnt have it yet so im SOL until then.:TrikesOwn

Billy Golightly
01-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Like I mentioned in the other thread, whoever scans it, I'd ask that as a courtesy to the magazine that the entire article not be scanned. A page or 2 OK but not the whole thing.

Mike_Ham_250R
01-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Your definately not gonna wanna read what the 2 oldschool racers have to say about it then either... :p

I'll bring it in to work tomorrow and try to scan for a post...
I know. Go Jimmy White!!

Mike_Ham_250R
01-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Amen to that brother!
I was thinking about sticking a plate on the back of my Z saying-
"Welcome to 2nd place, enjoy your stay!" LOL

Nah its all good, I tried getting the mag but my Chapters doesnt have it yet so im SOL until then.:TrikesOwn

More like, "Welcome to last place, if you can't pass me, your riding either a Yamaha, or a quad!"

Mike_Ham_250R
01-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Oh crap. When I said "More like, "Welcome to last place, if you can't pass me, your riding either a Yamaha, or a quad!"" I had totally forgotten the fact that I own a YAMAHA QUAD.

LOL. I owned myself.

Meat-BoX
01-10-2006, 09:45 PM
Are going to see any of this about the Tri-Z? I think its cool that a Trike got a couple of pages in a mag. Did they mention 3WW?
I saw only 1 Trike in this monthes Dirt Wheels. 1 Trike in a group of like 20 Quads, Honda Dual Headlight. Too far too tell 4 me.
It would be nice if a Mag did an artical on a Trike a month. I mean with Dirt Wheels being %65 Ads whats another 2 Pages.

Mike_Ham_250R
01-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Yep they mention 3ww and the org! They have CLEARLY forgotten about Tri2Stroke though ;-)

AZ250R
01-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Like I mentioned in the other thread, whoever scans it, I'd ask that as a courtesy to the magazine that the entire article not be scanned. A page or 2 OK but not the whole thing.
As per your request here's some of the article:

westcoast TRI-Z
01-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Alright, to the ones who have the magazine, did you get it from the stands or are you subscribers? Because I've been going to all the stores looking for one. As you can tell I want this issue. I always feel down too when I see a magazine that says "ATV....." only to find out that it's not "ATV SPORT" but rather "ATV ACTION, "ATV RIDER", or "ATV MAGAZINE" :mad:

Billy Golightly
01-11-2006, 07:19 PM
I got mine in the mail. The ones for the stores will probably not be on the shelf till the end of this month. I think the normal time for new issues to go on a shelf is around the 28th of a month.

Dammit!
01-11-2006, 07:24 PM
As per your request here's some of the article:

Where's the rest? You're slacking. :lol:

I love that Z in the pics. Anybody got a high quality/res version of that first one?

mad_max
01-11-2006, 07:41 PM
I always liked the looks of the Tri-Z but never rode one. After looking at the comments in the article I dont think any "three wheeler newbies" will want one either. :wondering

twgranger
01-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Where's the rest? You're slacking. :lol:

I love that Z in the pics. Anybody got a high quality/res version of that first one?
There is a picture in the pictures page.

Dammit!
01-11-2006, 07:54 PM
There is a picture in the pictures page.

Yeah I've seen that one but I was hoping someone has a really high quality version that I could make into a nice wallpaper. That's a sweet pic.

Billy Golightly
01-11-2006, 08:03 PM
I asked AZ250R (and pretty much anyone else) not to Scan the whole article as a courtesy to the magazine. I mean, their printing articles on trikes for cryin out loud! Go buy one and support them. The first time they mentioned 3WW in their web corner last year I bought a 5 year subscription. Its a very good magazine and has alot of great stuff in it and I prefer it to Dirtwheels...not near as many ads.

Dammit!
01-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Go buy one and support them.

They're not on the shelves yet! :lol:

Good point though. If they have an e-mail adress, post it. I'll send them an e-mail thanking them for printing a trike article before I even get my hands on the magazine. I'd subscribe if that were a more common thing. Hell I'd love it if some of these mags just re-printed one old school article every issue.

Billy Golightly
01-11-2006, 08:41 PM
http://www.atvsport.com/output.cfm?id=30421 Theres a link to their contact page.

Darius1502
01-11-2006, 11:28 PM
What the heck....a 250cc two stroke...is now low performance. I bet they would shut thier mouths when a 250cc three wheeler beats all those 500 pound quads in a drag.

Oh well...I am so sick of magazines trying to steer public opinion. Same is going on with the push against two strokes.

Its all about the money. I'll just ride my KTM 550 and destroy ever bike, quad, or anything made for the dirt ever for that matter...

Four strokes suck!

(sorry I am so bitter....just tired of the magazine spin machines...)

Honestly after 20 plus years they are still saying the Z sucked...screw them. The '86 Z is a better machine than the 86 R. Sure its my opinion....but I have two mint ones in my garage. Damn magazines...now they are going to kill our two strokes...

screw em!

Rod
01-12-2006, 01:57 AM
I jusr e-mailed the editor. Just to say thanks for letting the world no how great these triikes we ride are. I think that I will subscribe just to show then how thankful I am. We all should all drop a line to them & say thanks.
http://www.atvsport.com/output.cfm?id=30421

Jeb
01-12-2006, 02:38 PM
I agree with Darius on the fact that aside from todays hi-tech 4 stroke motor, the mid 80's 3 & 4 wheel sport rides are not that different. full suspension, liquid cooling, disc brakes, low-pro tires. had them then, have them now. Sures there's updates, but they have to remember most of the 1990's was pretty darn lean when it came to sport ATVs that were available.

I don't get the low tech comment. BUT, to that guy I guess being 20 years old and having one less wheel is all he needs to call them low tech by todays standards.

Still though, it's great to see that kind of an article dedicated to a Tri-Z. :beer I've seen pics of that Z before, but never knew it had a black gravity tank on it. also, the forks are backwards. They are set leading axle instead of trailing.

Mr. Sandman
01-12-2006, 03:07 PM
The '86 Z is a better machine than the 86 R. Sure its my opinion...but
But...but...but...your wrong!:lol: :crazy: :lol: :crazy:
It's good to see an old school trike article though.

Dammit!
01-13-2006, 11:10 PM
I cropped and cleaned up the pic a bit so it's suitable for a computer wallpaper. If anybody wants it, here ya go. Killer pic. My compliments to the photographer.

http://webserver1.dancris.com/~dammit/tri-z/zpaper.jpg (just under 1 megabyte, 1600x1200)

Derrick Adams
01-14-2006, 09:25 AM
Anybody else notice the Honda hub and front wheel?