PDA

View Full Version : CR250 Head gasket on ATC250R!?

RideRed250R
01-09-2006, 11:54 PM
hey guys
well my freinds are calling together a quick ride... AAA CRAP! my base gasket blew on my R (puffs like a stoner) and lost my new petcock... i got the old broke one so i got 1 week to pull a resurrection on this bike..
this is what i have to do... Jerry rig the petcock to work for ONE DAY THATS ALL!!! lol
take the top end off put new base gasket. head gasket, intake gasket, new k.n filter, take lid off.. jet accordingly... so lets get started
iam racing a buddy with a shee with some mild work (fmf fatties, boost bottle,milled head) i am pretty damn sure my bike will take care of him but lets make this disappointing...
so what year CR250 head gasket do i use? also is there any way to some how put the head gasket on and still get more compression (doubling a base gasket mayb?) i dont know just wondering... i need this info ASAP! thanks tomorrow i go to the shop to buy all the crap
Adam

TeamGeek6
01-10-2006, 12:04 AM
Double base gasket lowers it by raising the head up. If youre sure the case is flat, try taking it out and using gasket sealer. On the head, use one side of the CR gasket, cut the rivets out and throw away the steel spacer. Use Permatex Copper Coat spray to seal it. I dont know what year. Put a 6 spark plug in and that will increase it even more.

Mr. Sandman
01-10-2006, 12:54 AM
'89 CR250 head gasket is the one you're looking for that you don't need to drill/seperate, but don't use any sealer unless things are warped. Stay with a single base gasket and the stock plug to play it safe. Why start experimenting with weird stuff now? Your R should have no problem with his Banshee if it's as described.