PDA

View Full Version : Refreshing the cylinder with Nikisel

Enigma
01-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Im refreshing the cylinder on my 86 tecate and and I want to get it in Nikisel like original. Anyone know a shop that can do it? Thanks

90nut
01-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Lots of possibilities there. Have an issue of dirt wheels? Or any other atv/dirtbike mag? The backs of them are usually loaded with shops that can do this for you. Last one I had done however was by a local. Only took 6 1/2 months though!!

BigGreenMachine
01-10-2006, 01:11 AM
Best bet is to get on the Tecate connection site and email Corey Sprock about who his company works with to do all their plating. More popular companies usually have a real poor turnaround on labour work. Less downtime with smaller shops.

grundlegrabber
01-10-2006, 01:31 AM
There's a company called Kustom Kraft, out west I think, that does all kinds of sleeving and nikasil plating. Don't have contact info, but do a google search or look in the back of dirtwheels.

TRI-MOTO-MAN
01-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Hello,

I just had the cylinder of my 98 Honda CR125 replated. I sent it to US Chrome. They are in Wisconsin. I think the website is USNICOM.com . Check it out. They did excellent work and turn around time was less than a week. Meaning I sent it out Monday and had it back in my hands Saturday. Price was $165.

Hope this helps

ATCWRENCH
01-10-2006, 12:46 PM
www.Kustom-kraft.com is outta colorado. they do big bore sleeve kits for most popular 2 stroke and 4 stroke machines. they will even nikisil any cylinder that comes there way.