PDA

View Full Version : Weird part came in my speedo kit....any ideas on it??

patblkwell
01-09-2006, 09:40 PM
When I got my speedo kit off ebay a while back, it came with everthing for the big red 250ES speedo set up except for the speedo head of course. It was NOS but had been opened to show its contents, anyways when I got it in, it had this little cable guide thing in it. Anyone ever seen this before?

atcmatt
01-09-2006, 10:26 PM
It looks like it would bolt onto the fork leg, where that bracket is fixed to hold the front brake cable in place. Maybe with use of longer bolts they both could be used, one on top of the other. You should give it a try and see how it goes. Looks interesting nonetheless.

Matt

350x'inNY
01-09-2006, 11:49 PM
When I got my speedo kit off ebay a while back, it came with everthing for the big red 250ES speedo set up except for the speedo head of course. It was NOS but had been opened to show its contents, anyways when I got it in, it had this little cable guide thing in it. Anyone ever seen this before?

I'd say it got thrown into the bag. I had a NOS 250ES kit with the factory instructions.... that part isn't part of it.

Bruce

Maine_Triker
01-10-2006, 12:40 PM
I'd say it got thrown into the bag. I had a NOS 250ES kit with the factory instructions.... that part isn't part of it.

Bruce
Bruce is right... it's not on the Hondaline instructions... and I don't think my 250es has that part on it either.

patblkwell
01-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Yeah it came with the instructions too, and I didn't see it on there either...it must have been accidently placed in there for some reason.

petesatc
01-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Does it fit the fork clamp holes???

bigredhead
01-10-2006, 02:52 PM
I would say either the tripple tree clamps or the front axle bolts to hold the cable steady... hmmm

patblkwell
01-10-2006, 04:27 PM
No, it didn't look like it lined up with the fork clamp holes actually..