PDA

View Full Version : exciter coil??

ChrisG
01-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Ok, I am planning on replacing the exicter coil because I am only able to start the 200es by poped starting it.

I got the side casing apart and see the exciter coil - do you just have to re-soldier the one wire to the one end and replace it?

BigGreenMachine
01-08-2006, 09:23 PM
You put it in the same way you take it off bro. Simple as you see it.

Howdy
01-11-2006, 09:39 AM
You put it in the same way you take it off bro. Simple as you see it.
Actually you don't want to do it as it was taken off. The OEM exciter coil has the connection at the end of the coil. The aftermarket ones has the terminal in the middle.
Funny Story: I sold a coil to a 3WW Forum member a while back. Another forum member told this person to install it the same way as they took it off. This person actually soldered it to the end of the new exciter coil ( on the grounding plate ) and then complained to me that my coil was junk. We talked about this via a couple PM's and I knew something wasn't right. So I did the picture below to show how it was suppost to be. The member corrected the connection and found out the coil worked great. We both laughed over this for some time. I promiced to never mention a name, and I will hold to that ( But I will tell the story, lol ). Here's your Sign!! lmao

Ok, I am planning on replacing the exicter coil because I am only able to start the 200es by poped starting it.

I got the side casing apart and see the exciter coil - do you just have to re-soldier the one wire to the one end and replace it?

Here is the best way to explain on how you install a new exciter coil. There is a ring terminal on the one side of the new exciter coil. Just solder the wire to it and then screw the exciter coil onto the stator plate. Personally I route my wire out of the way, and then zip tie it so it can't rub the flywheel. I have seen this happen before ( not my work ). The picture shows how I route the wire.
Howdy

ChrisG
01-11-2006, 10:04 AM
Thank you - great explanation Howdy.

Picture makes complete sense - thanks again!!

Howdy
01-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Thank you - great explanation Howdy.

Picture makes complete sense - thanks again!!

Your Welcome! Just trying to help out where I can. ;)
Howdy

BigGreenMachine
01-11-2006, 04:07 PM
Sorry guy, my Tecate is straight foward about this. Connected differently then the Honda coil.

ChrisG
01-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Just installed the new coil - she started on the first pull - pretty easy fix. The only thing I had to do was extend the black/red wire as it was too short.

Thanks for all the help!