PDA

View Full Version : project "mini dragster" is under way

zoomerman
01-08-2006, 02:44 PM
A some of you might know my 124m is in need of a rebuild. well the trike isn't in very good shape to begin with but i can't stand to see it smoke. and i would never part it out. so what i am doing is getting it bored out .25. since port and poliching coasts so much i am attempting to port and polish it my self. i have a k&n filter all reeady am this machine will be used every where so i am debating wherer or not to use the air box or not. i could also modify the air box if i wanted to. I am also getting a bigger carb. i am probbaly going to use the same intake but i'm going to port it a bit for better air flow. i am gonig to get a proformace exhaust as well. after all this i need to re gear. does anyone know where i can buy/get one made? if anyone has anymore modds or something i'd like to hear it. also i included some pics of how it is right now.

IrvSLedman
01-08-2006, 03:33 PM
no matter what, you going to want to use tour airbox, you reallllly dont want to suck stuff into your carbs. lol

zoomerman
01-08-2006, 09:10 PM
i would have a k&n filter on it though just right on the carb

85hondaatc125m
01-08-2006, 09:18 PM
What size carb are you using and what is the carb off of and where are you getting it and does it bolt right on, i have a 125m to (1985) and I was thinking about getting a bigger carb for it so I thought I would ask here.

Tri-ZNate
01-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Run your air box, just take the lid off. Trust me unless you only run on dirt when there is no mosture you'll want one.

I was gonna try it tonight on my 110 but I think a 200es carb will fit and its like 4 or 5 mm bigger. I'll let you know tomorrow when I try it. Also with all that modding I think a cam is also in order.

zoomerman
01-09-2006, 12:13 AM
yes i was thinking of getting an aftermaket cam too but i can't seem to find one for the 125m. does anyone know if a cam off another bike would work? maybe am aftermarket 110 would work? tomorrow i should be sending everything in to get it bored out. what hubs exactly fit on the 110/125m? i think that200x hubs do too but i don't know. the stock hubs are 4/130 and i was wondering what hubs would fit on to give me 4/110? also i would like them to widen the back end. thanks for the replies so far.

Evan

Tri-ZNate
01-09-2006, 12:21 AM
yes i was told the 200x hubs fit so you can have a 4X110 bolt pattern for more rims. For differnt cam options got to www.webcamshafts.com, click on atv, and then select atc 90/110/125. They have quite a few.

zoomerman
01-09-2006, 12:28 AM
yes I might get one of them. from what i understand is that you send them your cam and they add more to the lobes?