PDA

View Full Version : Ct,ESR350 cylinder...

RideRed250R
01-08-2006, 12:41 AM
will this clear in a trike? i have heard yes and no... i would think without the spacer plate it would...
Adam

ChrisD
01-08-2006, 12:46 AM
yes. I cut and welded my cross member on the frame to make it easier to change plugs, but I don't think you even have to do that.

The Pro-X big bore cylinders will fit, even with the powervalve.

I attached a pic so you can see.

RideRed250R
01-08-2006, 02:01 AM
thanks bro! i think iam lookin at going a large bore... lookin to hit 65RWHP got all the resources and time to say Go for it
adam

85 250sx
01-08-2006, 02:53 PM
hey chrisD what all do you have to do to the atc bottom end to accept the 350? do you just need the spacer plate and get the casses machined? aslo ive heard people with 350s in their trx complaine about over heating and having to get aftermarket radiators to keep the temps down, did you have that problem too? also what kinda gas can you run?

RideRed250R
01-09-2006, 01:01 AM
chris has a 330 motor NOT a 350 motor.. but as the cylinders are the same size its just he inside deminstions that are different... yah they do over heat with the stock crappy trx rads.. also the R rads sit infront of the bike and get lots of air.. i have had freinds keep cr500's cool with stock R rads
adam

85 250sx
01-09-2006, 07:03 PM
wow realy, i didnt know that. i want to get a big bore on my atc sometime in the distant future but i was gona stick with a 310 pv because i thought i would have the same problems with over heating. But since theres no problems i might just go with a 330 or 350 whats the down sides to those big bores besides not reving as fast or as hight? do you have to run race gas with them?

ChrisD
01-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Hi Guys

I run an ESR330. You have to machine the cases with the 330 and up with the standard piston skirt. ESR also makes the 330 as a bolt on. The cases for the 350 and 370 will have to be machined no matter what you choose to do.

YES they do run HOT. It's something that I have to deal with. I only ice race this bike so it's usually 20 degrees out when I ride it. I want to put a couple supercoolers in it, but didn't get to it yet. I know it's robbing power from the motor. The 310-370 will all have the same problem.

You will have to use the long rod and spacer, so keep that in mind while your cases are apart. I'd hate for you to put it together and forget to change out the rod. Then again, if you have it apart, I would do the whole deal, including new crank bearings, etc. It's not everyday that you tear into the bottom end.

Has anyone ever used "water wetter"? I hear it's supposed to reduce your temp a couple degrees.

KASEY
01-09-2006, 08:44 PM
i run water wetter in my 500 ,,, i am using stock radiators too,,,,, properly jetted i have no overheating problems,,, even in the socal dunes,,,,