PDA

View Full Version : my christmas present

tecatecrazy
01-07-2006, 12:49 PM
the wife thought I should buy my own present this year since I didnt give her any ideas. best $1000 i've ever spent, just cant stand the fork boots

Murph
01-07-2006, 02:34 PM
That looks nice. You been ridin it much yet?

BigGreenMachine
01-07-2006, 03:02 PM
That looks super nice. What all is done to it besides the scoops?

mudbogger
01-07-2006, 06:16 PM
What type of front rim is that?

tecatecrazy
01-07-2006, 08:17 PM
been ridin the piss out of it. Its much more fun to ride than even my tecate (cant believe I said that), but thats probably because its new to me. its bone stock as far as I can tell. I wondering if it might have a high compression piston in it ,but with out anything to compare it to i'm not sure. the damn thing runs like a freight train and has gobbs of useable power. I thinkl the front wheel is a douglas but am not sure as I have been riding it way more than looking at it. I really cant say enough good about this bike.....every one should own one.

thanks, Joe

ATC777
01-08-2006, 05:21 PM
That is one cool present, it looks to be in really good shape.

I have a friend who had ridden one of his friends 350x's and he told me it ran like a raped ape:eek: Of couse I had to give him a bad time about that statement. lol...:lol: :lol:
I am looking for one here in the northwest. I've missed out on two, in the past two years. One about a year ago up in Yakima. The guy was selling it, and had it out along the road. I went back the next day, and it was gone. :cry:
The other I was going to trade my 67' stang project car for, the guy never came out and looked at it. And he sold the 350x outright.
They do however say the (3rd time is a charm)..

BigTBones
01-08-2006, 05:56 PM
ATC check your pms about my 350x For Sale!

BigGreenMachine
01-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Theres just no bottom end power in the Tecate, really easy to get hooked on a 4strokers grunt. The Tecate winds up and pulls like a bull with hot sauce smeared on its ass.

Mike_Ham_250R
01-09-2006, 08:21 AM
...They do however say the "3rd time is a charm"..

This is true. I had missed out on 2 350x's in a row, like within a week of eachother, they were nice and they only wanted $900. I was PO'ed lol. Then, on Labor Day weekend I was up at my camp looking at the paper and I saw a 85 ATC250R for sale in there for $900. I wanted a 250r more than a 350x btw. So I am thinking to myself "Oh *doodie*, I'm up here, and he's down there, that thing is sold! I didn't even call untill my uncle said give it a try, so I called. Luckily the guy was up at his camp too! So I was the first one to get ahold of him and I got a decent good running waterpumper with a new clutch and another extra one all for $900. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :Bounce :Bounce