PDA

View Full Version : Tecate guys - please help!

Phil@Sweden
01-04-2006, 04:03 AM
Okey, here we go again...Now i have replaced first the Ignition Coil and then the CDI. Now i have a spark, but only when i have put the spark plug electron to 0,3mm (should be 0,7-0,8mm). But hey, at least she starts now !!!:Bounce

But sheīs not running so well...The power is not there. I think i have almost replaced everyting....Should i need to get a new Stator? Thatīs about the only thing i didnīt replace :wondering

I have tested the stator with a muti-meter and it looks okey. My Clymer manual says:
Black and Blue = 170-250 ohms
Black and White/Red =185-280 ohms
Blue and White/Red = 20-30 ohms
Are these numbers right? :wondering

If not the Stator, what else could it be? If you guys think it is the Stator what and where should i buy? Is this good?:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawas...QQcmdZViewItem

PLEASE HELP! :beer

TeamGeek6
01-04-2006, 10:14 AM
After youve replaced the stator and that doesnt fix it, then repair the wiring. Bad connectors are probably indicated by plugging in new parts to old connectors, the terminals on the new parts are cleaner and thicker.

Ohmmeter readings are of little value, they are not accurate (may be off by 20%) and do not indicate problems under load.

Loss of ignition can also be caused by water or corrosion in the harness or kill switch. Realize thats a 300-400 volt pulse from the stator to the CDI and it can jump quite a distance.

The small spark gap indicates weak ignition.