PDA

View Full Version : 86 Big Red $100

RacerRichie
01-02-2006, 10:27 PM
Bought an 86 Big red 250 es for $100. Found it next to a barn with snow and junk all over it. A buddy of mine told me about it and said the owner didn't want it anymore. So before this bike goes to the ebay point of no return I saved it to be restored and ridden.
No spark. Al the parts seem to be there. I havent messed with it yet but it does kick over with compression. I couldn't let it go for 100.......geeeze there is plenty of parts there. Check out the stock tires.:beer

67nova
01-02-2006, 11:00 PM
do you want to sell the front rack.I have a 84 200m and it looks like that would fit.Does anyone one have a rack for sale if you dont want to sell yours.I have the 2 pegs in front of the forks like how your rack bars are mounted.

ScottZJ
01-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Nice snag there bra. There is nothing better than getting or saving a trike for under 100 beans! I snagged one in the farmers field for 50$ and now it looks great and runs even better. Rock on.

faf_racing
01-02-2006, 11:08 PM
WoW! cant beat that price,Nice save..No spark? check the plug first..It was along side a Barn..Good Luck!

mikey's250sx
01-02-2006, 11:18 PM
if you part it i could use some brake stuff and headlight bits.

Groundworx
01-02-2006, 11:33 PM
Good buy, keep us posted on what you end up doing with it.

dreadhed
01-02-2006, 11:35 PM
$100 I would like to find a deal like that. That thing is in good shape to. You going to keep it. I would. Nice find.

corndawg
01-03-2006, 12:16 AM
thats too nice to just part out, you could ATLEAST triple your money the way it sits form the looks of the pic

mikey's250sx
01-03-2006, 12:17 AM
leave him alone and let him part it;)..........to me!!!!!!!

N5HNY
01-03-2006, 12:33 AM
It's yours but please don't part it out.

There are a lot of trikes out there getting parted out that really don't need to be.

Yours is really nice and if you haven't owned one before, your gonna like it. The are good workers as well as good riders.

Russell 350X
01-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Thats a killer deal. Keep it and fix the spark problem, I'm sure its not to major, it would be a good beater trike.

Russ

RacerRichie
01-03-2006, 09:47 PM
Sorry boys no parts for sale here!
Well, I plan on fixing it and then riding it. I bet this one will get done quicker than the Tecate.:rolleyes:
another picture 4 ya .......................
One thing I will say is that I brought up my liking for trikes and by chance I found this deal. You never know who can hook you up,
The story that led into talking about trikes was:
we were talking about off roading and all and I said I enjoy trikes and quads etc. I then let them know that I also try to take a few big trips each year with some friends to go riding. I told them of my trek to West Viriginia 2 years back when I rode Hatfield Mccoy on my 1985 YTM225DX trike. I told them that I didn't see another the whole time down there. Every where I went in WV all the local folk were coming up to me and saying 'those things are outlawed around here!!!' So that made me and outlaw! No anyway that was a fun trip. I ddin't see another trike anywhere.
After the story a dude says 'hey I know where there is a 3 wheeler and you can get it for cheap.'
the rest is history I couldn't pull out the $100 quick enough. Yes we had to move 6 sets of rims and tires that were frozen together and to the ground..... and dig it out of the snow but worth the effort I'd say. I'll keep you posted.
RR:beer

ATC777
01-03-2006, 09:51 PM
Hey, that's a good deal for 100$. And its a great feeling that yet another trike is saved. I snagged my 87 Big Red for 150$.. It was sitting out in back of a guys house. Come to find out, I went to high school with this guy. He had just put all new tires on it, and that was all he wanted for it. That is one of the best deals I have gotten on a trike. I was looking for a Big Red for quite a while. And here was one less than 2 miles from my house. :D It may need work, but no regrets. You will like your big red. I would keep it.

Jim mac
01-03-2006, 11:24 PM
great deal! I just got another 200S form my neighbors boyfriend after I sold my last one. I told him I was looking for something to mess with, he came up with a 85 200S told me it didn't run, had no clue what was wrong with it. he paid $100 for it and if I wanted it he wanted to make a little profit. I had a couple of colt 38 pistols I paid $100 each for them so I told him if he wanted one I would trade. I put a new plug in it, new filter, fresh gas with marvel mystery oil tapped the carb when it poured gas out of it when it stopped I pulled it twice and it fired right up! 2 inner tubes and a pair of grips and it's a driver.

M&Ms ATV Repair
01-12-2006, 07:57 AM
Hey guys, a while bakk i bought an 83 200E from a guy, he had had the engine completely rebuilt, and during the winter after the rebuild a small tree about 8 in. in diameter fell across the handlebars, and bent one side of them. I paid 100bukks for it, and it ran like a scalded ape. Had low/high, but no reverse, too early a model for rev. Now it ran perfect for about 6 months, with regular filter change, and maintenance. And 1 day i went out to crank it, and no fire. Bottom generator had just went-out, no warning given, no sputtering or cutting out, ran perfect then didn't run at all. See the thing was i could splice in to my 185s while it was running(got popped a few times, and it hurts), and crank the 200 up like that and it would idle fine and evrything. But once *Edited* unplug it from the 185, it would just go dead. well, i got another one, a 200s, it lasted about 1 month, same thing happened. Got another 200s, lasted almost a year, same thing happened. 185s is still trukkin tho, doin fine, no probs. I think the 200 engines must hav had either a badly designed generator, or just bad generators all-together. Either way, they're good engines, oh man are they good and powerful, just can't keep generators goin for diddly. The pics brought bakk memories of my 83 200 big red, first models of big reds, and man was it a tree killer, i could drive up 4-inch diameter trees, it was kool, it felt like driving a 4-wheeler almost, it was so stable, I had 25x15x9 atv buckshot mudders on the rear, and a 25x15x9 maxxis mudder on the front, it had the rack with the original optional winch on the front, headlight guard, full rear rack, trailer hitch, evrything...oh man was it kool. But i sold it for 100bukks 2 wks. ago, and now that i think about it, i think i'm gonna go get it bakk. Thanx for refreshing my memory about it, lol, good lukk with the resto and if *Edited* ever need any parts, send email and i will get them to *Edited* for lil to nothin. Mike.

chris200x
01-12-2006, 08:45 AM
if theres no spark. change the plug and test the coil inside your stator. a very common problem on hondas that sat for a while.

trikes4life
01-12-2006, 10:02 AM
been looking for one for years, at that price, you lucky S.O.B.

edog
01-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Nice find,are you going to restore it?